Pics of Abit 680i board *56k beware!*

whats the point of lowing the fsb speed?

i thought u want fsb to be fast thats why the new 680i have 1333 mhz fsb supported?

1333fsb is actually only 333 quad pumped - by comparison JohnnyBravo is at 495x4 or 1980 ...

I've managed to keep the board budget below $200 and I'm not throwin' in the towel now! Why oh why must these premium boards be +$100 over everything else out there?

because if one guy can sell his average boards for $350 (asus) all others will sell their average boards for $350. all these boards are performing pretty much the same as the less than $150 p5ne-sli or the $229 evga. its your money. just 3 months ago it was an outrage that asus sold the p5w-dh deluxe for $250. then it was an outrage that the server p5w boards were over $300. now the rd600 board, striker and this abit are all near $400, and that seems to be ok. no way would i spend $350-$400 for a board that i am going to replace in 4 months, and only be able to sell for $175. but thats just me.

wonder when will this be on new egg. i think i want this mobo

Newegg!? HAHAHAHAHAA!!! If you think Newegg is going to sell this board for any less than $400 for the first month, you need to see a shrink. ;) :D

Take this board for example; it's no better than any other P965 board, but because it came out last week Newegg feels they can charge almost double the DS3 or P5B. I personally am waiting for ZipZoomFly to get it, they are always good about not gouging on initial prices because they can.

its $314 at ewiz, which relatively is a great bargain, but it doesnt say whether or not its in stock. which usually translates to not in stock.

Wow... is that huge silver monstrosity the heatsink for the processor?
I haven't built a system since socket A and I thought my Thermalright SLK-800A was huge on a barton 2500+ >.<

$314 and free shipping. At least for the next 3 hours. I hate high pressure sales tactics (the clock is ticking!). Too bad nobody mans the phones on the weekend to tell you if it is in stock. I don't relish the thought of tying up $314 bucks for the next month if I order from them and its not in stock. some of these places trake forever to get you a refund after you order something not in stock. Even though they arent supposed to charge you till order processes and has a shipping #.

My question is why did he take off the stock NB/MOSFET cooler?
Is this mobo not compatible with Tuniq? :confused: :confused:

Take this board for example; it's no better than any other P965 board, but because it came out last week Newegg feels they can charge almost double the DS3 or P5B.
actually it is better than probably all but the Commando but another outlet has also been doing the QuadGT for $185 ...

I ended up purchasing the IN932x-MAX from ewiz before I even saw this thread. Free shipping and it was $314. Now that the sale is over, the price went back to $335 (with shipping). In reading the reviews for the ewiz website, they are actually very good and are well praised for fast shipping!

I don't think he removed that sink because of the tuniq.. I think he wanted active cooling on the NB... I would like to opt for that also.. pushing 475+ I think you'll want active cooling. :)

I remember back when (last year) more than $200 for a motherboard was impossible, now it's common. Why do we let this happen?

I ended up purchasing the IN932x-MAX from ewiz before I even saw this thread. Free shipping and it was $314. Now that the sale is over, the price went back to $335 (with shipping). In reading the reviews for the ewiz website, they are actually very good and are well praised for fast shipping!

Did you get it yet?

seems like there might be some problems with the board since it's a relatively new retail release: here

checked above link. kind of bad. also, multiplier locked on this board? all the other 680i boards have adjustble multis.

no, i don't think so. this partial review seems to cover OCing issues. Seems like there are some issues with the shipped bios.

I'm really stoked to find out how this board turns out. Maybe the problems people are having with it right now are just a few chinks that can be worked out. Seems like some other people are also very interested in this board: one two three.

680i motherboards are turning out to be quite the pushy nanny, got alot of bugs and issues the manufactures need to work out, but I still hold my breath for one.

SLi bridge connector in your pics... Is that the 4 3/4" (flexible) connector that's only available on a few select ASUS motherboards? If so, where can I pick one up? The "standard" SLi bridge connector that Abit offers on its IN9 32x-max motherboard is the non-flexible type. Abit's SLi connector won't work with my setup as it would interfere with my 120mm fans..

SLicloseup.jpg

_______

Here is a pic of the flexible extra long ASUS SLi bridge connector..

SLiStrap.jpg

yeah nice ram. damned fine ram actually. you didnt get any pics of it, and i scanned this thread Ctrl+F'ing for "memory" and "ram", came up with nothing but a few signatures.

What are you using? Dominator? Redline?

@officermartinez

nice mod. you should get some non-conductive thermal adheasive and just stick a big ol hs on the back of the board. see if that drops your temps any.

the vantec fancard is really nice. but can be loud at anything above mid way to the max on it's slider... 120mm fans can provide a higher cfm while keeping the noise down I am guessing.. I like his fan mods actually.. pretty cool stuff.

why didnt you use this product instead of putting those big fans there?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835888112

as for this Abit board, I am really thinking of getting one.. like alot the layout and bios options

Because the stock reference fan on the 8800 series pushes out a similar amount of air and it wasn't cutting it.. lol. Here's the specs on that PCI card cooler (CFM's): Air Flow 17.73-29.54 CFM .. Each one of my 120mm fans pushes out roughly 56cfm (and it is pretty darn quiet).. I even have some 120mm Thermaltake Thunderblades that push out 79cfm each (but those are a little on the louder side).

Not to mention, I enjoy a little modding and not having a setup exactly like every other person out there.. LOL. There are still things to be said for a little originality.. hehe. Thanks for the compliments.. BTW, I will be running 2GB (1GB x2) of the Dominator 8500 memory modules.

point taken

as for that Asus sli connector, i think it comes with ASUS graphics cards..

point taken

as for that Asus sli connector, i think it comes with ASUS graphics cards..

I appreciate the info.. I was only told where the flex sli bridge came from. Having never owned an ASUS product, I was in the dark so to speak.. LOL.

so any new info whats happening with this mobo?

did the problems get fixed yet?

there is some discussion going on about it here. seems like the same old things are issues.. crappy thermal xfer from the nb/sb chips and possibly problematic shipping bios.. I don't think it's anything to fret over..

edit: post 193 on that link shows the corsair rep says their memory works fine with the test board they got.

Sorry to bump this, but are those active coolers Defiant is using on his NB and SB a readily available part or are they perhaps taken off of another board that came with them?

that's really coolaler's board.. but, I think he got them from other boards he had.. Coolaler gets TONS of hardware to review and such.. he's prolly got NB and SB fans coming out of his back side. anyways.. the vantec ccb-a1c is a nice and cheap alternative for the SB.. and there are many NB alternatives.. I am going to use a Microcool Northpole XE on mine.

Crap lol. Posting from my treo. I hope it's still in stock by the time I get home. I am going to take my chances with this board & hope all goes well. Time to build this DX 10 rig!

Back