[PICS] 6800's from various manufacturers

I wonder if that is a 12 pipe version or something, I guess we will find out later on. It is kindof sad that sparkle and leadtek are the only ones who didn't use reference cooler designs though. (asus just shrunk the reference cooler to 1 slot size, but nothing new about its design)

well they called it the 6800UV, so it is possibly a different core. Unless it is a newer revision core than the ones we have now I doubt it will be shipping with anywhere near that core clock.

Two molex connectors.....gotta be the 16 pipe design ie. Ultra. The twelve pipe design non-ultra is reported to have only one molex.

well if it was clocked at 600 mhz even a 12 pipe design would draw a ton of power.

well if you look at thier site they say

The GeForce 6800/6800UV VGA cards
and
The 6800 contains 128 MB of DDR memory and the 6800UV includes....ect.

im pretty sure when they say 6800, they mean non ultra. and when they say UV they mean ultra.

I really love the Asus, very clean design. But I do wonder about heat issues with the smaller single slot solutions. Hopefully some upcoming reviews will address heat issues with the various types of HSF's being used by the various card makers.

The Sparkle and Leadtek soloutions look pretty massive. Is this because these larger HSF's allow for higher clocks or does the card just run friggin hot? I've read that the reference cards sent out didn't run too hot so I'm not sure how all this will pan out where heat is concerned. But I'm curious about this.

and taken from the Article: "Yesterday in Japan, they have shown GeForce 6800 Ultra from different manufacturers. Official price is not known at this moment, but Geforce 6800 Ultra will have a price range of 650 US dollars."

If these cards come out at $650, nvidia can suck it. They need rope these prices in at the $499 range, they're trying to earn their rep back, gouging like this will just irritate many. Including me.

I am no expert by any means, but if what I read is correct, the enormous power requirements go with the very high transister count, which the 16-pipe design accounts for a considerable number. The 12-pipe model would have a good number less transistors and require less power.

Granted, turning the core up to 600mhz would put higher demands on the system, but somehow I would imagine that would manifest itself more as a heat dissapation issue than power, especially when you consider that the power draw of the Ultra model across the two connectors does not draw all that each connector is capable of supplying.

In either case, I am very interested to see what this core can do with a 200mhz jump in speed!

yeah i agree Anderu, its kinda fishy.
but if this is true in the end, cant wait to see what a 200mhz core jump can do :D

every time i see the sparkle one all i hear in my head is "ahhhh mista spakle!" from the simpsons...

i wonder what nvidia will do next number wise.

i mean they just released the 5900 fx not to long ago, and now they got the 6800 series.

whats gona happen after the 6800's? will they ever get to the 9000's and coppy ATI name wise?

like for example have the NVidia 9800 ultra FX PRO XT or something along those lines?

will ATI ever move up past the 9800 to say the 10000???

gues we just have to wait a few more months and see. :D

ati's next product is the x800 series, x is roman numeral for 10, so it will be the 10800pro, xt, se.

And GeForce 9's are of course three generations away. By the time it launches, no one will care that the name overlaps the old ATI card.

is it just me or does the PCB look retardedly big, like so big it wouldent even fit between the case and the harddrive if you have say an antec case. because i know with my 9800pro theres only about an 1inch of room, which is taken up by IDE cables.

Things in Japan are always more expensive then here in the states. If it's $650 there, it'll be $500 here.

yeah, Japanese buisiness economics are messed up, they undercut their competators overseas, and charge more at home and count on xenophobia and trade laws to make them outsell their foreign competators.

Originally posted by HRslammR
every time i see the sparkle one all i hear in my head is "ahhhh mista spakle!" from the simpsons...

Rofl:D

I never thought of that
now you are going to make me think of that every time i see it:p

X800 XT is gonna beat the living daylights out of the 6800 Ultra. But they are saying that ATI will have the 2 molex connectors as well...

Originally posted by m1garand
X800 XT is gonna beat the living daylights out of the 6800 Ultra. But they are saying that ATI will have the 2 molex connectors as well...

The only way you're going to convince me you're Omnipotent is if I turn on CNN right now and see your ass on a cross.

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
The only way you're going to convince me you're Omnipotent is if I turn on CNN right now and see your ass on a cross.

pwned

No BFG? I'm alittle disappointed with the lack of custom coolers, only Sparkle? I guess I have to wait for Gainwards Golden Samples. The AOpen card is interesting though, glad to see that most are using dual DVI.

Originally posted by m1garand

fucktard.

btw, where is the light coming from on that asus? haha it looks awesome and all, but uhh, it's not powered or plugged into anything....makes me wonder...

edit. forget about that hahaha...saw the stupid thing :rolleyes:

Back