• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PicoPSU reliability

bleomycin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
242
I have no experience with picopsu's but was considering building a few pc's with this one: http://www.quietpc.com/st-nano150

Are they generally reliable? I'm building a fanless system with ssd's attempting to make them as reliable as possible and i just wanted to make sure the PSU isn't going to be the weakest link.
 
Picopsu are as good as anything else. Did you google 'picopsu broken'?
 
I have no experience with picopsu's but was considering building a few pc's with this one: http://www.quietpc.com/st-nano150

Are they generally reliable? I'm building a fanless system with ssd's attempting to make them as reliable as possible and i just wanted to make sure the PSU isn't going to be the weakest link.

If you oversize your powersupply enough you can get by just taking the fan out of the PSU and relying on convection form the internal heat sinks to cool the PSU. Larger wattage power supplies have better heatsinks and if you never get anywhere near loading them up then they won't get that substantially hot but always stress test and monitor temps to be on the safe side.
 
Back
Top