• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Picking up the HP f2304

1000

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
426
HI all.

I'm picking up a HP f2304 on the weekend to try out as a replacement for my 2405FPW. It's not that the 2405FPW is a bad display, but there are niggly things about it that I don't like.. mainly the "glitter" or "shining" of dark areas, greys, dark browns etc and the OVERLY POWERFUL backlight (regardless of brightness, gamma settings etc).

I have a few days left on the Dell return and will have a few days with the f2304 so I'll post my results on an in-depth side-by-side comparison in a few days.

I'm hoping that the magic of a SIPS panel may releave me of the few small points that annoy me with the Dell. The f2304 is hard to come by in Australia (looks like it's been totally discontinued by HP here) so I had to settle for a display model but the guys tell me it cleaned up as new.

The f2304 is precisely the same panel as the HP 2335 from my understanding so if Anandtech is right (and they usually are but not always) it should be perfect for gaming, movies, desktop et al.

1000
 
I returned the Gateway FPD2185W because it has the same characteristics. I really tried to get used to it but I couldn't! It was just very annoying. i ended up getting an Acer 2032w with the S-IPS lcd and I'm very happy with it. Simply put, It's much easier on the eyes.
I wanted to to get the F2304 but it's way too expensive-at least here in Canada it is.
 
Back
Top