Picking a mobo from a very short list

carlmart

Gawd
I am trying to assemble a new desktop computer, and of course I should be starting with the mobo.

The problem is options in Brazil are limited and prices can be very high on some of them.

So I have picked some that might do:

GigaByte GA-B75M-D3H

ASUS P8B75-M LE

GigaByte p/ Intel GA-Z77M-D3H

ASUS P8Z77-M

It's a pity similar ASRocks with the Z77 chipset do not carry any PCI slot, at least one, which I need to have.

Any recommendations, for or against, on these boards?

Really it depends what you're going to use the computer for. I would suggest the Gigabyte or the Asus Z77 boards, preferably the Gigabyte over the Asus in this situation.

Thanks, Mike. I also prefer Giga over Asus almost every time, but I have to list them anyway.

The main difference between the B75 and Z77 chipset is that the latter allows OC and RAID.

OC I am not interested in, though RAID might be an option to try for Avid video editing that I use.

What Asrock boards are you looking at? The Extreme4 has 2 PCI slots. Mine has been rock solid with no issues at all.

I am looking at the ones selling here. The problem is the prices are too high, much higher than in the USA, or warranty is too short, only 6 months, from some of those who sell ASRock mobos.

I already took the plunge and bought a Giga Z77, so that question at least is solved.

Now I'm picking a cpu and memory. Should be buying it today.

Back