• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Picked up the 9060 xt

jfnirvana292

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 9, 2002
Messages
1,787
Picked up the XFX 9060 xt oc edition from Best Buy for $350. Ran steel nomad after some tweaks and broke 4000 😎 not bad on am4 system with pcie3.0. Just thought I’d share.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6651.jpeg
    IMG_6651.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6656.jpeg
    IMG_6656.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 0
I got mine from Newegg, wanting the two-fan model as those three - fan model look like they need a kick stand.
 
Oh man, you fell for all that influencer BS about needing more vram?

Nice buy...I want more cards with 16 or more...20 would be nice.
 
It seems like AMD has pretty purposely undervolted some cars in the 9000 gen. It was smart to overcoat the 9070xt as the power uptick vs the 5070ti gave it basically performance parity at the expense of efficiency, which most people don’t care about in that segment. But with the 60 level and below for both Red and Green it’s obvious that the cards will be more drop in replacements, so not overloading the board and psu requirements is a must.

As long as the 9060xt 16gb stays at the intro price for longer than a month it’ll basically wipe the 5060 series out.
 
It seems like AMD has pretty purposely undervolted some cars in the 9000 gen. It was smart to overcoat the 9070xt as the power uptick vs the 5070ti gave it basically performance parity at the expense of efficiency, which most people don’t care about in that segment. But with the 60 level and below for both Red and Green it’s obvious that the cards will be more drop in replacements, so not overloading the board and psu requirements is a must.

As long as the 9060xt 16gb stays at the intro price for longer than a month it’ll basically wipe the 5060 series out.
No, no it won't wipe out the 5060. I guarantee the 5060 will outsell the 9060XT just like everything NV outsells AMD. Get real and realize where also ran AMD is at right now.
 
was the gap of how much better the 7700xt was vs the 4060ti any smaller ? (9060xt is in a more important price point too, so could still be a difference)

If it wipe out the 5060 series, the 5060 super release date will be brought sooner, it is not like Nvidia cannot have a competitive at a better price than AMD card in that segment right now if they need to.
 
I didn't even know that my Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX 1.0v was PCIe 5.0 in the gpu slot for a x16 cards, I bought the board in a Starfield Best Buy combo with a 7600x in July 2023 which I still have the cpu, I ran the test in gpu-z and it says the card is reporting it's running in PCIe 5.0 and to be in a PCIe 5.0 gpu slot.

I have three NvMe drives with two in 4 x 4gen and one in 3 x 4gen with a 7700x being my cpu, nice to know I don't need a newer Ryzen 9000 seriers cpu or newer B850 board to get PCIe 5.0 in the gpu slot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/bs3gg
 
Last edited:
I didn't even know that my Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX 1.0v was PCIe 5.0 in the gpu slot for a x16 cards, I bought the board in a Starfield Best Buy combo with a 7600x in July 2023 which I still have the cpu, I ran the test in gpu-z and it says the card is reporting it's running in PCIe 5.0 and to be in a PCIe 5.0 gpu slot.

I have three NvMe drives with two in 4 x 4gen and one in 3 x 4gen with a 7700x being my cpu, nice to know I don't need a newer Ryzen 9000 seriers cpu or newer B850 board to get PCIe 5.0 in the gpu slot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/bs3gg
Yeah, it seems like the newer mid to upper level b650s have pcie 5.0 on the gpu slot, and higher speed RAM slots as well effectively making them B850 level.

Aorus is a solid board, will probably work with multiple cpu changes over the years
 
I do remember it saying the top NvMe slot one was PCIe 5.0 at the time that I got the board, I'm kind of sure it couldn't run the gpu and Nvme in PCIe 5.0 both at the same time as that would need more than 36 lanes IMO.
 
Back
Top