Picked up G80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
khuyakuya said:
america heavily outnumbered russia in armament actually. only reason we didnt bomb russia is because it wouldve sent off a chain reaction that wouldve devastated both countries. but hands down history has shown the us was on a higher level than russia as far as stockpiling arms is concerned.

Actually, that's entirely 100% false.

It's a fairly well-known fact that the USSR had larger stockpiles of nuclear weapons than the USA in most of the second half of the Cold War.

Around the mid-1970s, the US and USSR had more or less equal number of stockpiles, and during the 1970s the USSR's total military armaments began to exceed those of the USA.

The reason the Cold War never became "Hot" is because of the famous idea of "Mutually Assured Destruction". No matter who struck the other first, both countries had enough nuclear weapons to assure the other's destruction, and both countries used the concept of "Mutually Assured Destruction" to avoid all-out war....which is ironically why both countries built so many nuclear weapons; to AVOID having to use them.

EDIT:
Here ya go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_and_USSR_nuclear_stockpiles.png

Another source with specific numbers:
http://www.nrdc.org/nuclear/nudb/datab19.asp

blacksun1942 said:
Actually, that's entirely 100% false.

It's a fairly well-known fact that the USSR had larger stockpiles of nuclear weapons than the USA in most of the second half of the Cold War.

Around the mid-1970s, the US and USSR had more or less equal number of stockpiles, and during the 1970s the USSR's total military armaments began to exceed those of the USA.

The reason the Cold War never became "Hot" is because of the famous idea of "Mutually Assured Destruction". No matter who struck the other first, both countries had enough nuclear weapons to assure the other's destruction, and both countries used the concept of "Mutually Assured Destruction" to avoid all-out war....which is ironically why both countries built so many nuclear weapons; to AVOID having to use them.

EDIT:
Here ya go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:US_and_USSR_nuclear_stockpiles.png

Another source with specific numbers:
http://www.nrdc.org/nuclear/nudb/datab19.asp

You register to say this? GTFO commie n00b! :mad:

I know this is a little OT, but any quick way to see if my PSU will be able to handle such a crazy beast? Considering having my gf get me one... :D

My PSU :
Corsair HX520w

Digital Viper-X- said:
he is probably an educated american! :p

Who just happens to be named "Boris." Hell, I'll bet his next post will have him selling his silver watch for a pint of Stolichnaya vodka and a stogey.

How'd the G80 topic get to this.

USSR had 50,000 warheads, USA had 35,000 warheads. We didnt ned as many, ours were more powerful vs size. And much more accurate. USSR also had 2 MILLION pounds of bomb grade uranium and 200,000 LBs of plutonium stockpiled to make another 100,000 warheads. Lets just say, they over did it a bit.

Keep it real, understand, 2 Trident submarines can KILL 90% (900 million zippaheads) of the entire Islamic world in 30 minutes.... 384 of the largest cities from Morrocco to Malasia utterly obliterated. We have 20 Trident subs locked and loaded.

We are currently tied and down to approx 10,000 warheads each now. Warhead destruction is on scedule. Ultimately we will settle in around 6,000 each for a few decades.

We have our triad, Trident subs, Bomber (B1, B2, B52) force, Minuteman III missles plus X# tactical weapons stockpiled at US bases. All USSR weapons have returned to Russia, they have subs, missles, and bombers as well.

Lets just be thankful its peace and quiet.

mike686 said:
I'm pretty sure it's happening in the morning (6am-9am), not at midnight. I contacted Newegg and asked them "If you were to launch a new product tomorrow, what time would it show up?". The guy told me "Anywhere from 6am-5pm, depending on stock and inventory",

I like to be optimistic :D

Chacranajxy said:
Who just happens to be named "Boris." Hell, I'll bet his next post will have him selling his silver watch for a pint of Stolichnaya vodka and a stogey.

Heh, nah actually I'm 100% American, born and raised, and proud to be one.

I did register just to say that actually because I'm a historian and my focus is on mid-to-late 20th century conflict (specifically World War II and the proxy wars of the post WWII era).

I also happen to be a PC enthusiast and I'm looking forward to owning an 8800 series card!

let's bring it back to the awesomeness at hand
such as

mike686 said:
Sure, give me some time, and I'll be back with the results.

this is the response to a non-automated benchmark! mike686 will do benches personally requested! (such as my 3D05 16*12 4x11 16xAF)

what a guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back