Picked up ATI 5970

ganesh21

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,373
The card arrive on Monday but only today i have time to install the card.

Here are the picture. The picture are a bit blurry because i use my cell phone to take the picture.

5970gpuz.jpg


tmobilewing100.jpg


tmobilewing103.jpg


tmobilewing107.jpg


tmobilewing109.jpg
 
Nice where did you get it....I was thinking of getting a couple of MSI 5970s...but its prolly not needed:p
 
The card is just huge. The 4870 X2 is a decent sized card itself and the 5970 makes it look small. :D
 
Congrats, I myself find it funny handling cards that even a year ago I thought were enormous and now just sort of pale in comparison to the 5970.
 
The card is just huge. The 4870 X2 is a decent sized card itself and the 5970 makes it look small. :D

I thought the 4870x2 and 5970 was going to be the same size but i was wrong. This card is a monster.

First thing i notice - the card is quieter at idle and full load than 4870x2.
 
I thought the 4870x2 and 5970 was going to be the same size but i was wrong. This card is a monster.

First thing i notice - the card is quieter at idle and full load than 4870x2.

Yeah it disables the slave GPU and clocks the primary right back and doesn't need much cooling to keep that going so the fan throttles back, very impressive idle temps and noise.
 
Back
Top