Picked up a vx2925wm today, how well does best buy handle returns?

FireStormGS

[H]ard|Gawd
Bestbuy in canada has the 2025 back on sale for 399 canadian and has them instock again after being out for a few weeks. So this morning before work I went in and picked one up. Got it home, set it up and then the first thing I did was run dead pixel buddy. I was relieved when I couldnt find a single problem. I then played a little cs widescreen and watched a few minutes of a movie before going to work. I got home a little over an hour now and after tweaking simcity to run widescreen I noticed a dark pixel while panning across some water. Dropped back to windows, ran dpb again, and yup, there is now clearly a pixel near the top of the screen that will not go blue :( :( :mad: :mad: . On all other colours it appears to be more of a faded pixel. I'm pretty angry that it somehow went bad when I know that pixel was fine hours before.

I found this webpage that says viewsonic has a 30 day zero dead pixel policy, so I should be fine asking bestbuy for a replacement correct? Has anyone had any experience with bestbuy and returning/exchanging lcds?

I just bought mine from CanadaComputers and they told me 7 dead pixels, so I said jokeingly to the girl "what about if the screen is broken, will you take it back then" and she gave me a weird look. Anyways, find out how many pixels bestbuy will return for, because I doubt they will only do 1. If all fails you can just return it saying its broken and try CanadaComputers, I paid 455 out the door for mine.

I think you mean a vx2025wm instead of a vx2925wm?

Anyway, i guess you could give ViewSonic a call, i think they will bring a refurbished/new one to your place without any dead pixels.

Edit: Sdk, ViewSonic has a zero dead pixel warranty for all the monitors they sell. Not including subpixels, you can have three of them if i'm correct.

Yea, I of course mean 2025. Shoulda reread the title before posting.

This is the policy I found http://www.viewsonic.com.au/kbase/article.php?id=5

Why would it be australia only?

I doubt the store is going to matter when it comes to getting a bad display or not, just luck of the draw. I went to bestbuy because the closest canadacomputers is over twice as far away.

It's Best Buy. 14 days no questions asked. I returned my 2025 3 times before I got one I was truly pleased with.

Yup, just got back from best buy. It was pretty painless. I played a little dumb and said "there's a spot that doesn't light up". I really hope this one doesnt develop the same problems. On a side note, is it 14 days from the original purchase, or do I get another 14 days with a return?

What were the problems you were having with yours? Was it just dead/stuck pixels?

Congrats, your 14 days has started over :) Like I say I returned three times, had a month and a half to decide if I liked this monitor!

My first one was backlight bleed, second same thing and so on.

i used to work at bestbuy, their return policy on everything is pretty much hassle free (as long as it's within the return time period for the product, 14 or 30 days depending on what it is) so you dont have to make up excuses

if its faulty in any way, just say its defective and not to your liking, in which case they will not resell it and send it for repair. or just tell them you dont want it because its a sucky product, then they will just sell it as an open box.

You can usually fix a stuck pixel. Just rub it while the screen turns on or flick it. Works for most pixels honestly, But since you can just return it I guess that would make sense I suppose lol

Vashypooh said:
You can usually fix a stuck pixel. Just rub it while the screen turns on or flick it. Works for most pixels honestly, But since you can just return it I guess that would make sense I suppose lol

I tried that when I first noticed it but I couldn't get it to light up.

Back