I have an Abit KR7A-133 1800+ (OC'd to 1.6ghz) 350watt PS system I was fixing up for a friend.
I picked up a 9700 Pro to put in there and it works great except for a small annoying problem. I had this same problem with an old GF2 GTS card I had in there but the GF4 card never gave me this problem.
When I first power up, it will give me a beeeeeeeeep, beep beep error code. I never get a signal from the card. Now, I can just hit the reset button and it boots right on up.
I know you are saying well, just reboot each time but I don't like having something wrong with systems I build for people, even if you can get around it. Just the way I am about things I do for people.
Any help or info would be much appreciated. After I reset and it boots, it works perfectly in everything. SWG, EQ, Aquamark, Prime95, 3DMark, etc. The drivers even installed perfectly the first time
I know the beep codes say it's a video issue (Award bios). I'm just not sure what to do about it.
If it's the MB, I guess I can see if it will be ok for her since not much I can do or, is there?
AGP voltage readout says 1.56v in bios.
I picked up a 9700 Pro to put in there and it works great except for a small annoying problem. I had this same problem with an old GF2 GTS card I had in there but the GF4 card never gave me this problem.
When I first power up, it will give me a beeeeeeeeep, beep beep error code. I never get a signal from the card. Now, I can just hit the reset button and it boots right on up.
I know you are saying well, just reboot each time but I don't like having something wrong with systems I build for people, even if you can get around it. Just the way I am about things I do for people.
Any help or info would be much appreciated. After I reset and it boots, it works perfectly in everything. SWG, EQ, Aquamark, Prime95, 3DMark, etc. The drivers even installed perfectly the first time
I know the beep codes say it's a video issue (Award bios). I'm just not sure what to do about it.
If it's the MB, I guess I can see if it will be ok for her since not much I can do or, is there?
AGP voltage readout says 1.56v in bios.