Pick 5!!

Rome - Total war.
Pacific fighters.
C&C - Decade
CellFactor
Wings Over Europe

Terra...

I've never played WoW, but if I was stranded on a deserted island, it would be my first pick.

I don't think I could handle picking only 5, I've been gaming for 20 years and have far too many favorites, so I will pick my current favorites...

1. WoW

2. BF2

3. Fable

4. NWN + addons (if that can be counted as one game, this is another I have never played)

5. Quake 4

Wing Commander 1-4 (I think they released those as one package at some point)
Everquest (though if Vangaurd turns out to be good, I'd probably take it instead).
Far Cry
Total Annihilation
F.E.A.R. (never played, but I'd have lots of time and supposedly the AI makes it different every game).

nilepez said:
Wing Commander 1-4 (I think they released those as one package at some point)

WC 1, 2 & 3 was released as Wing Commander - The Kilrathi Saga

Terra - Those where GOOD games! :)

This is all about replay value, no?

I'd want a dance game like Stepmania or FlashFlash revolution.

1. FFR

I'd want an FPS that could keep me happy for a long time. UT2K3 continues to be my favorite.

2. UT2K3

I'd want a couple good RPG's.

3. Chrono Trigger (I'm still in love with it like the day I first played it)
4. Morrowind (Better than Oblivion IMHO)

Last but not least I'd want an RTS.

5. Warcraft 3

With all those games combined, I'd be happy for life.

Hmm.

UT2k4 (possibly 2k7 instead when that's out). It's fun to click on other people. Plus, the modding options would give me something to do when I get tired of clicking on other people.

Planescape: Torment - It's an all-time favorite. More akin to having a novel around than a game, but still.

Oblivion - Nothing wrong with having a freakin giant game to play.

NWN super duper pack with all the expansion stuff - Again, huge modding options built into it. This wasn't so much a game as a dungeon master's pack with a few pre-made stories in it.

I guess some or another MMO in this slot. I honestly can't think of which one I'd rather have available.

I would pick (In no particular order):

1. Age of Empires II (PC) - My favorite RTS.
2. Super Mario RPG (SNES) - Classic
3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) - I like this one way better then San Andreas.
4. Oblivion (PC) - Never played it, but I liked Morrowind and I could probably get into this one.
5. Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)

Terra said:
WC 1, 2 & 3 was released as Wing Commander - The Kilrathi Saga

Terra - Those where GOOD games! :)

OT
i like that last one that came out
god the world needs a NEW WC game badly

but lets see

ES4
FF:XI
GT3
do all the .hack games count as one? :D if i cant have them then Falcon4
not out in the US but Climax U.C. BEST gundam game ever

It's completely official now.......... I'M OLD......

no particular order...

1) Duke Nuke'm deathmatch
2) Quake 1 CTF
3) Quake 2 Cooperative mode/CTF/Loki's Minions
4) UT2004
5) BF1942

1. Rise of Nations
2. Oblivion
3. Far Cry w/ Sandbox editing program
4. Virtual Sex boxed set.... Hey, it'd keep me busy! ;)
5. Battlefield 2

And if I can't have one of those, as a backup, I'd take Brainage. Gotta keep my brain in shape on the island, eh?

~Secret of Mana (first RPG, and I could play it for the rest of my life, not many other Secret of Mana fans out there.)
~Kirbys Dream Land (I still play this game on an emulator on my laptop, it never gets old to eat things and steal their abilities.)
~StarCraft/Broodwars (This is a given, I've played this game WAY to much and used to be WAY to good at it.)
~UT2004 (lots of fun)
~Halo 2 (or 3 when it comes out :)

Starcraft/BroodWar
Warcraft/FrozenThrone
Final Fantasy 3
Lufia 2 (the 99 level maze is amazing!! who remember it?)
Final Fantasy Tactics

God there are so many good old school rpg out there.

Wow no one has mentioned nethack yet. So here goes:

NetHack
Gemstone 3
Fallout
Fallout 2
Half-Life (w/ mods if allowed)

I think that about covers it.

In no particular order:

Counter-Strike Source
Counter-Strike 1.3
Starcraft: Broodwar
Quake 3 (CPMA of course. ;) )
Warsow

zelda link to the past
mario allstars
warcraft 3
shining force 2
lineage 2 (I know a lot of people say wow, but you can grind without thinking for like 400 hours on this game to get to the highest lvl and then just turn around subclass and do it again and the pvp is way more intense (lose exp when you die)

1. Deus Ex 1
2. Starcraft
3. CS:Source
4. Day of Defeat:Source
5. World of Warcrack :p

CS1.6
Fallout 2
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
Civilization 4
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

w/no internet:

System Shock 2 - only 'cause I never played it

The Longest Journey

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

Planescape: Torment

Far Cry

w/internet

the above but sub BF2 for Far Cry

1. Civilization IV
2. C&C: First Decade
3. X-COM: UFO Defense (because true classics are always fun)
4. World of Warcraft (never played it, but the social aspect would keep me sane)
5. Supreme Commander (assuming I don't get stranded until after it's out...Total Annihilation if not)

Spore -- I know its not out yet, but damn if any game was made for being stranded on an island this is it

Civilization IV -- Can get lost in it for hours

Oblivion (PC) -- Combine this with user mods and you have hours of fun

Forza 2 -- Cause you need to have a racing game

HL2 -- Mainly because it comes with Steam and CS. Steam means I can buy new games and dl them :p Hehe I beat the system.

Close runners up -- C&C : The First Decade, WoW.

I tried to keep my selection varied with one Strategy game, one open ended game, one RPG, one racing game, and one FPS.

1. HL2
2.Oblivion
3.Nascar Racing 2003 Season (last of a great series)
4.Some Madden year
5.Quake III Arena

A bag of money for upgrades.
A generator.

1. Old UO (pre tram)
2. Myth II: Soulblighter
3. Red Orchestra ostfront
4. Syberia
5. Rocket Jockey

I think for some people this is just another "pick your favorite game" thread. However if you were stranded on an island do you really want to pick all games that:

1. Have hardly any replayability
2. Are only single player

I picked one (syberia) but most of the others are multiplayer or have very good replayability to them. Since you'd be stranded imo it's important to have games that don't get old quickly and you can find yourself coming back to them over and over.

sincew he did not state internet, i'll pick the following.

Warcraft2 w/all expansions
warcraft3 w/all expansions
civilization IV call to power
battlefield2 with all expansions
quake4

Hmmm

Galaga: I spent so much time on this when I had a NES. It never gets old.

Doom 2: Another game I think I could play over and over and never get tired of. Maybe I should grab ZDoom again and give it another go.

Quest for Glory Anthology: I played 1-4 in this series so many times. I kept discovering new things, it never got old. It's a shame the 4th game would crash so much

Hmmm, not sure I'd need other games :p

Metroid Prime 2: Eh, why not. I love this game. I love the environments, I love the boss battles, I love all the hidden items.

The Sims 2: Hmmm, I'm a little tempted to reinstall this game. I had a good trailer trash family going at one point. They were all so poor and miserable. Has the fat bald father, fat stupid mother, daughter with an eating disorder, nerdy kid, and a black baby. Good times.

Tetrahedron said:
heh.. If i have the net, then I wouldnt be stranded... cause my picks then would be

gmail
google earth
google maps

Great Points, Here's My Games
Wow
Farcry
RON
Halo
GoldenEye

Madden 07 for the 360 (I'd love to see how a 30 year franchise evolved.)

Counterstrike: Source (This one never gets old for me.)

Tiger Woods for the 360

World of Warcraft (I gave up on this one after graduating from college as it was just too time consuming. It'd be nice to "finish" it.)

Test Drive Unlimited (I know its not out yet, but this looks like the upcoming new king of racers. Between this, CS and WOW, I'd have all the social interaction I needed.)

PC-age of empire 2 - favorite rts of all time

PC-worms armageddon -simple gameplay

PC-GTA san andreas - deep game

DS- Animal crossing

PSP- my Homebrew collection

I would probably bring...

WOW - (never played it, but judging by the number of hours my little brother melts into that game, it must be good for desert island type scenarios... provided the desert island has broadband.)
The original Half-Life.
Katamari Demacy
Super Punchout!!
Guitar Hero (if it had 50 more songs)

1. Unreal Tournament 2K4 (PC) - infinite replay value
2. Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) - Infinite replay value
3. World of Warcraft - Infinite replay value
4. Warcraft III (PC) - infinite replay value (noticing a theme here?)
5. SimCity 4 (PC) - you guessed it, infinite replay value

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (think of all the class challenges you could do and poaching in Deep Dungeon is always fun)
2. Warhammer: Dawn of War and Winter Assault, and the next expansion too (Fuckin great game - better than Starcraft IMO)
3. WoW (I've never played, but how could you not take it? You get to live a life while stranded on an island)
4. Super Smash Brothers Melee (because beating the crap out of stuff never gets old)
5. Herzog Zwei (another simple game that never gets old)

ALONE??? On an island??? No women around?

Dunno about the other 4 yet, but the first title would be DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball. :p

Back