Weaksauce
desktop.jpg

Using:
TigerMilk style
Rainlendar
Lclock
Clocx
Winamp Deskband

Took me forever to get those icons at the top to lose their text... They have custom menus on them too.

menu.jpg

Looks good, where can I get a copy of Super Mah Jong? My girlfriends mom loves that game!

GJSNeptune said:
That wallpaper kicks ass.

And 'Ashley' is one of my fav. female names :D

We need pictures of "Ashley" ;)

Nice work, what is the memory/cpu usage with all of that running?

CPU usage for these tasks is minimal
Mem usage is about 5mb for the 2 clocks and 5mb for the calendar
Mem usage for gaim is under 5mb, whereas aim is 25mb, so i easily make up anything lost to all these goodies

My friend's name is Ashley. She's hot :D

Either way how did you make those icons on top :eek:

Thanks for the response, but what is the application that you are using?

txstangguy said:
I'm not using any applications for it, it's all registry tweaks
Whoa... You have my interests now. :) Got any links to a how-to?

Ok. I see a windows logo on one of the top buttons, and i hear reference to a certain "Registry" ;) That leads me to beleive that your running windows. At first glance i guessed it to be some Linux distro with some DE that i have no idea about (i don't use linux yet). So. That was done with some pretty intense registry tooling. I want to know as well. But man that is a killer desk. GJ :)

Yes, it's windows lol
My goal was to make a compilation of all the good things in different operating systems.
It's got gentoo icons and on a mac themes, with the calendar reminding me of something I'd see in linux.

Guide to getting the icons to lose the text is here:
No Text on Icons

Style can be found here(this gives new task bar and windows looks):
Style
To get this to work, a hacked uxtheme.dll that allows non-microsoft themes.
Here's a similar style, but gray
Gray style

Modern winamp skin found here:
Winamp skin

Got those round icons from:
Round Icons

That took you all day....That should of only took like 1 hour max...Is this your first time?

darktiger said:
That took you all day....That should of only took like 1 hour max...Is this your first time?
It would probably take me all day too. :eek:

Heck I'd probably spend hourse selecting icons/themes. :eek::eek:

I have used minimalist type settings for eons. At best I have a pretty backround I saw on the web. :)

Yup, just took me all day cuz i was searching around for good icons and themes.
When I got home i put all the same stuff on my computer and it took an hour at most.

Why didn't you just get an Apple if you worked so hard to make it look like one?

Seriously, though, the mods are neat. Kudos. :)

Phoenix86 said:
Heh, and I was expecting eleventy billion spyware objects. :D

Yea I was thinkning the same. Over all I like this guys layout though.

You could of installed Linux in 10 minutes, installed Gentoo Icons in 2 minutes, update kernel in 10 minutes, snap some shots of ashley and upload them to my Web Server in 5 minutes.

...dishes done!

How did you use those icons for windows? I tried to change my AA icon but it says it's not an icon file??

Those png files have to be converted to .ico files

As to why I dont run linux or mac... I play the latest PC games and that requires running windows

As to why I dont run linux or mac... I play the latest PC games and that requires running windows

...and all this time I thought this was your 'GF's notebook.

It is called "Extended Endurance Testing". This involves long CS:S matches to test stability over a period of six months then comes the BattleField:2 testing phase. Really, he is just trying to make his girlfriend's system more stable. :)

carloswill said:
...and all this time I thought this was your 'GF's notebook.
Well yes, that is my gf's comp, but when I got home I did almost the same thing to mine, except I added rainmeter to see CPU temp, usage, and weather forcasts.

that taskbar is meant for it to be at the top, thats why it looks kinda funny. i suggest you move it to the top, and put the icons at the top at the bottom.

I'm not using that theme anymore. I'm using one that's fine at the top or bottom now and has a little more color.

Phoenix86 said:
Heh, and I was expecting eleventy billion spyware objects. :D
Just wait.

With the exception of a notable few I know, girls are great at infecting boxen with spyware. It's a good thing my other is a mac user, otherwise I'd have to bust spyware on her PC weekly. The PC gathers dust :/

Back