PhysX - CPU or GPU?

Hooy

Limp Gawd
What setting should I use in the nVidia control panel? CPU or GPU for the Phys-X processing?

I have SLI 670's.

If you use CPU PhysX, you wont get the advanced PhysX features in most games.
And if you do, it will probably run too slow.

As pointed out auto should work well most of the time.
Occasionally, you may get lower performance unless dedicating one card to PhysX.
Not necessarily because it needs all the power of one card, but that SLI isnt great on all games.

Depends on the game you're running. However, the setting shouldn't impact performance too much.

Thanks guys - I didn't have an auto option before but now I do somehow. Auto selected!

Depends on the game you're running. However, the setting shouldn't impact performance too much.
wrong. if its a game that uses hardware physx then it will have a noticeable impact on performance if trying to run those effects on the cpu. if its a game that has no hardware physx then that setting will not have an impact anyway. that setting should be left on auto or gpu.

wrong. if its a game that uses hardware physx then it will have a noticeable impact on performance if trying to run those effects on the cpu. if its a game that has no hardware physx then that setting will not have an impact anyway. that setting should be left on auto or gpu.

yup, the physx stress test in msi kombustor slows my e5700 to a crawl & then ctd, but when I use the gpu physx it can run but still not smooth.

Back