Physx card for a 1070

ktos2

n00b
I'm going to get my 1070 next week and I'm thinking about putting a dedicated physx card alongside it. I want to know if a 2GB 750ti with a stable 1290MHz core clock is fast enough or would I get more performace with something better as a physx card?
And if a 750ti is enough then would a 650ti also be enough? My friend wants to change his 2GB 650ti and some money for my 750ti

It will help a little bit in Batman games. Everywhere else it'd be a waste as others have stated.

I wasn't going to buy a new card just for physics but when I'll get my 1070 I'll have a 750ti just lying around and I was wondering if there's any point in reusing it for physx. I've looked at some tests and it seems like it makes a noticable difference for games that use physx (though there are few and far apart). I was just wondering if I could get more performance if the 750ti was more powerfull and I wanted to know if I'll get less performance if I use a 650ti instead

I wasn't going to buy a new card just for physics but when I'll get my 1070 I'll have a 750ti just lying around and I was wondering if there's any point in reusing it for physx. I've looked at some tests and it seems like it makes a noticable difference for games that use physx (though there are few and far apart). I was just wondering if I could get more performance if the 750ti was more powerfull and I wanted to know if I'll get less performance if I use a 650ti instead
Still no point. Physx died years ago

you don't need no stinkin PhysX card!
waste of space and your time.

Thanks for the advice guys. You saved a perfectly good card from sitting on a shelf until a new, good physx game comes out :)

If you're that worried about PhysX - ball out and get a 2nd 1070. Added benefit is you can use SLI for games that work - disable SLI and dedicate to PhysX for those that don't.

Also - to your point, 750 Ti will not be enough. You should use Maxwell for Maxwell or Pascal for Pascal. So the "best" PhysX card has not yet been released. Probably the 1050, 1060, or Ti of either.

If you're that worried about PhysX - ball out and get a 2nd 1070. Added benefit is you can use SLI for games that work - disable SLI and dedicate to PhysX for those that don't.

Also - to your point, 750 Ti will not be enough. You should use Maxwell for Maxwell or Pascal for Pascal. So the "best" PhysX card has not yet been released. Probably the 1050, 1060, or Ti of either.

Funny enough, with SLI a dedicated PhysX card helps out more than a single card plus PhydX card. Probably something to do with balancing the load with two cards in SLI and the fact that PhysX isn't spread across two cards.

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering the same thing with my 1080 and 780.

I had a 780 GTX SLI setup that was getting beat up in one of the Borderlands titles during heavy PhysX scenes. I had a 750 Ti in a spare rig and decided to try it as a dedicated PhysX card. It didn't do squat. Just took up space in the case.

So, I agree with what others have said, not worth it, as I've tried it. In the one game I ran across where I could see a need for a dedicated card, it didn't work.

I think top end cards are more than capable handling the amount of PhysX we see in most titles and have been for awhile.

Maybe if I had a x40 card and found myself with an extra or an x30, something I couldn't SLI, then maybe you would get a boost.

Use the space for SLI or go crazy with storage. Better bang for your buck either way.

I had this same situation, just bought a GTX 1070 and had a 750 TI on a shelf. I made the same decision and the 750 TI is now on eBay.

Back