PhysX 9.09.0010 WHQL released

Only thing I care about- does this mean I can use a GeForce as a DEDICATED PhysX processor, and install it alongside a Radeon in Vista? Until then...

And yes, I know I'm a minority. :(

I cannot think of any reason why nVidia would be interested in allowing that to happen, since they spent untold millions of dollars purchasing PhysX to prevent it.

You know what I hate? People still saying Nvidia bought out Ageia to keep ATI fans from having physx.

It's possible in Windows XP already, so please quit spouting dumb misinformation.

back on topic...

I had an issue with 3DMark Vantage crashing during the physics test, and this seems to have fixed it. I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere, so it must have been just me, but yay for updates!

Has anybody been able to run an nvidia card as a dedicated ppu with a Radeon in Vista with these or no?? If it does become possible (either this time around, or later before I get a new job and build a new system) it'd be great to use this 9800GTX+ as a PPU and grab a couple 4870X2s.

I guess I was wrong in my assumption. It's a Vista issue, not an nVidia issue:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx

That page is easier to read when you realize that "graphic adapter" means video card.

Windows 7 is supposed to allow multiple WDDM drivers, which means you can run nVidia and ATi cards at the same time. But I haven't found any success reports for doing this for PhysX yet. Someone in the Win7 post in the main Video Cards forum here said they "will" do it, but not that they have done it.

Only thing I care about- does this mean I can use a GeForce as a DEDICATED PhysX processor, and install it alongside a Radeon in Vista? Until then...

And yes, I know I'm a minority. :(

You will NEVER be able to do so in Vista. Vista's Kernel won't allow it so STOP asking!

But run the Windows 7 BETA and it works :)

Ahhhh maybe this helps Mirrors edge from crashing my my 8800 GT SSC

I installed these at the same time as installing a GTX-295, (from a 280) and the new Mirror's Edge beta drivers, so there are far too many variables for me to tell if they did anything good for me. I can say that they're working great though, so at least no problems from them.

I guess I was wrong in my assumption. It's a Vista issue, not an nVidia issue:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx

That page is easier to read when you realize that "graphic adapter" means video card.

Windows 7 is supposed to allow multiple WDDM drivers, which means you can run nVidia and ATi cards at the same time. But I haven't found any success reports for doing this for PhysX yet. Someone in the Win7 post in the main Video Cards forum here said they "will" do it, but not that they have done it.
I have tested this in Windows 7, but it does not yet work. I can install both video drivers and switch back and forth between my 8800GTX and 4870 literally by switching inputs on my LCD. That is kinda neat, but I cannot select the 8800GTX as the dedicated PhysX card.

Edit: Does the newest beta driver from nVidia allow you to do this cause when Windows 7 beta came out I tried the 181.20 beta drivers and they installed fine, but I couldn't have both working at the same time.

Edit #2: Found out that you have to use the extend desktop function in order to "activate" the nVidia card. What a strange work around...I am gonna try this tonight.

If I had 2 pcie slots I would try :(

Not that I would switch out my GTX 260 for my old X1950 Pro laying around just to have a physx card, but would be fun to mess around with :)

Back