PHP4/SQL page help

Masejoer

Gawd
At my new job, supposedly there used to be this test webpage that was put up by some guy who no longer works there. No one can tell me what it does, or how it was setup, but they want it running again. Its hosted on the same IIS 6 box that runs their production website (don't ask me why) which works fine - it uses php itself. I have to go in there and figure it out without knowing a thing.

The message I get is "This website has been setup in IIS, but NuWeb has not been configured to associate this domain address with a SiteID yet." where people keep referring to NuWeb as just the webserver itself (its hostname is WEB). Because it appears to be a custom error message, I was hoping that I'd be able to do a search for this string within all the files on the system, but it came up with nothing. Whats even better is that there are about 4 different folders that may contain the correct files for the site they want, but no one knows which is correct (they're all named similarly) so any configuration path changes have to be made 4 times for testing out each one. For whatever reason, there's two PHP install folders, with the production one being pointed to c:\php and the other at c:\phpweb. Lastly, both ISAPI AND CGI appears to be set up for the test page. I tried removing ISAPI, but it didn't help the error.

Any idea where to start? Its obvious that it wasn't working after August 11th at least, as thats when google's cache stored the exact same error message. The servers were moved to a datacenter on the 17th. I'm not a web programmer, nor was a hired to be, so much of this page scripting is over my head but its something they want me to look into as supposed it was working not too long ago (of course, well all know that this could very well mean months ago).

At my new job, supposedly there used to be this test webpage that was put up by some guy who no longer works there. No one can tell me what it does, or how it was setup, but they want it running again. Its hosted on the same IIS 6 box that runs their production website (don't ask me why) which works fine - it uses php itself. I have to go in there and figure it out without knowing a thing.

The message I get is "This website has been setup in IIS, but NuWeb has not been configured to associate this domain address with a SiteID yet." where people keep referring to NuWeb as just the webserver itself (its hostname is WEB). Because it appears to be a custom error message, I was hoping that I'd be able to do a search for this string within all the files on the system, but it came up with nothing. Whats even better is that there are about 4 different folders that may contain the correct files for the site they want, but no one knows which is correct (they're all named similarly) so any configuration path changes have to be made 4 times for testing out each one. For whatever reason, there's two PHP install folders, with the production one being pointed to c:\php and the other at c:\phpweb. Lastly, both ISAPI AND CGI appears to be set up for the test page. I tried removing ISAPI, but it didn't help the error.

Any idea where to start? Its obvious that it wasn't working after August 11th at least, as thats when google's cache stored the exact same error message. The servers were moved to a datacenter on the 17th. I'm not a web programmer, nor was a hired to be, so much of this page scripting is over my head but its something they want me to look into as supposed it was working not too long ago (of course, well all know that this could very well mean months ago).

So lets figure this out then...

We can assume that which folders you see in the website default files path are all in the correct order and have not been tampered with. Unless your gonna modify the code, then don't worry about them. We can only assume no one has done something malicious to the files, but then again you never know.

with google power, and some good searching terms I found this:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0205.mspx#ECE

So the NuWeb site ID might be "W3SVC1" if its the first and default website, if not then its something else. You need to get an association with the site id. something got deleted, or mis configured so things aren't "linking" up here..

Read that article, and go from there. post back with results.

I've got the site id, that wasn't a problem. I have no idea what I need to do with it though or where to put/change it. The odd thing is that all the paths other than the production folder are timestamped late '06, including the index files. All I have to go off is what I've been told, and thats not much. I don't see how they could have some testing site if it hasn't been touched in almost a year. wwwroot has a timestamp of July '07. The rest are are 11/06 or earlier.

Back