PHP Framework

Metraon

Limp Gawd
I want to start small projects with a php framework. Do any of you recommends CakePHP and/or Yii ?

I want to build reservations systems mainly !

Thanks !

laravel 4 is nice. alot of the design methodologies comes from ruby on rails and it has alot of built in features

slim framework is really raw if you want a barebones framework.

I've used and enjoyed CakePHP before. Follows MVC well and has good documentation.

Before choosing a framework, is there a particular reason why you're choosing PHP? There are plenty of languages that feel more modern, are arguably more fun, are easier to learn and faster to program with.

Back on topic. Choose a framework that doesn't place too many constrains around you. Don't choose a framework that forces you to use a particular storage system or if it even "suggests" that you should use one over the other. Simply put, choose the best tool for the job. I haven't used many PHP frameworks, outside of the PHP world my choices are Express (JavaScript) and Sinatra (Ruby).

Thanks for the help all ! Krogen you have a point, and since I posted this, the project requirements changed and I am "stuck" with python.

I always wanted to start learning python but didnt see an opportunity.

I got myself 2 books, Python and Django :)

Back