• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Photoshop Tutorial [Digital Photo] -- 56K WARNING.

o0moonman0o

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 4, 2003
Messages
93
~The Power of Photoshop~
-written by inzite! 30/08/05 (me)

Brief description:
Basically this tutorial I wrote up will give you the basics of touching up photos within photoshop. It will only tell you things you should look into when editing or touching up photos. It is not meant to be a walkthrough step by step tutorial. I based the techniques introduced in this tutorial from personal experience. Your mileage may vary. The purpose of this tutorial is just to shed some light to some people that do not know the amount of effort or work put into a detailed post process photo. Please do not flame because of the severe change the example image has undergone after a photoshop session. Once again this is just a tutorial or rather yet just some pointers I am willing to share to others. enjoy.



photoshop_power.jpg
 
Yeah, very big difference, photoshop can really do wonders for the one pic that has small flaws and make it big. Nice work.
 
This could fit very nicely in a travel brochure or something. Very nice choice of making the mountians/sky more blueish. The original grey color just wouldn't have had this sort of an effect.

And thanks for sharing this technique.

With USM I usually aim for local-contrast-enhancement...ie, 15%, ~10 pixels, 0 threshhold. I don't usually sharpen unless I feel devoted enough to sharpen an image for web presentation (which is very rare). Anyways at least I have an idea of what others use.



PS - Nice website. BTW, why is it aoaoOnline? You ever visit AntiOnline (AO, a computer security site)?
 
thx for the comments, it's aoaoOnline because the domain and the main blog is made for my gf(aoao) rather than me hehe, i just hijack the gallery and made a secondary blog page. hehe
 
Hmmm very nice little blurb there, i have a few images that suffer from under-exposure, that i think this may remedy.
 
Back
Top