Photoshop + NV Surround settings

Galaxy

Gawd
I've got a quick question for anyone out there who's both a Photoshop and Surround user. I'd expect the answer's simple but I can't seem to find it amongst the many faq's and tutorials out there.

I currently work with a triple display Surround setup at 5760x1080 and love everything about it except for the fact that Photoshop CS5 wants to span all three displays when maximized, so I have to manually resize it on a regular basis. Back when I used our own Galaxy MDT products I could click a button on the EZY display software and the problem was solved, but now that I'm using 680's with traditional NV Surround I can't do it that way.

I'd like Photoshop to maximize on just a single display instead of all three, and I'm sure it's just a setting but I'm sure not able to see it anywhere within the preferences menu. I'm hoping there's someone else here who both games in triple display and uses photoshop who can answer this question.

Thanks in advance.

If NV Surround works anything like Crossfire, you should be able to set up profiles such that one spans the desktop across all three displays (the setup you have now, I think) and one simply extends your desktop to the other two monitors, which would allow you to maximize a screen on just one monitor.

I'd really like to avoid having to switch back and forth in the NVCP on a regular basis if at all possible. It wouldn't be too inconvenient if it's the only way it can be done, but I was hoping there would be a way to set a preference in Photoshop since it's the only application that seems to have this issue with the standard Surround configuration.

Thanks for the advice though.

This sounds really weird to me. You can't just change the display settings so it knows you have 3 sepparate monitors? When I use PS on multi-monitors, maximize just fills up the screen it's on at the time, then you can drag the pannels to other monitors to spread things out. Never seen what you're describing here, but then again I'm not using NV-surround specifically.

This sounds really weird to me. You can't just change the display settings so it knows you have 3 sepparate monitors? When I use PS on multi-monitors, maximize just fills up the screen it's on at the time, then you can drag the pannels to other monitors to spread things out. Never seen what you're describing here, but then again I'm not using NV-surround specifically.

I can, but I'd need to switch it back for gaming. The weird thing to me is that Photoshop is the one and only app that spans all three screens when you maximize it with Surround enabled. The only other exception is YouTube, which does the same in IE when you go to fullscreen on a video, but I don't have a problem with that.

Back