Photoshop CS3 And 8800GTS G92

tenub

Limp Gawd
I just upgraded my old x800xl to an MSI 8800GTS G92 and when I load Photoshop up certain parts of the GUI flicker strangely. I deleted my installation and reinstalled Photoshop to no avail. Doing anything is painfully slow and I can only half-see what I am doing. I've updated to the latest official drivers for my video card and still the problem persists. Anyone out there know anything about this issue? I googled around as well to no avail. Maybe I just suck at searching Google, but I've always thought I searched Google accurately. I don't want to do yet another wipe and install XP again, but if no one can help me then I guess I'll have no choice but to try.

On another note, certain PDFs flicker and make it almost impossible to scroll or click in Foxit. Certain Word documents and Powerpoint documents do it as well. Not all of them though. It seems to happen when there are images on screen more often than simply text.

Bizarre. I know CS3 has issues with logitech mouse (it slows it down) but what about in games? Does it happen there too?

I have had problems in the past with my old computers with CS1/2 that PS would freeze randomly when I accessed filter/dialogs/changing tools, etc, it would be annoying to wait for it to unfreeze after 5-6 seconds..

Back