NanoEntity

Weaksauce
Well here is my ;)
cs-splash.jpg

Photoshop CS' Splash Screen can be change by doing the following:
http://www.tgtsoft.com/download.php
Go there and dl ResBuilder

Then open the file psart.dll in the photoshop folder

Now go to the Resbuilder's folder..then go into its Temp folder..which has all the contents of the .dll file

Find a .png file named SPLASHARTFEATHER.PNG

Now just modify that picture to something you like then save it as a .png file and overwrite the file in the Temp folder

(resbuilder should still be open) go to resbuilder and file save as

save your new .dll file somewhere and then replace the old .dll file with your new one in the pcs folder..(make sure you back up the old file just in case)

Originally posted by Defiance1
I really wish I had photoshop cs :/

Most poeple use bootlegged version of it, who actualy pays that much money 2 just play around with it?! Only people who actualy buys it is people who are in the business of making money off it it, then you should support the software companies, otherwise you can get the bootlegged one and have fun with graphics

I should upgrade my v7.0 to CS, but I don't have to cash to do that right now. :/ I could do the bootleg thing like half the planet does, but my job revolves around it so I guess it's best to wait.

But that is very cool. I'll be looking forward to that perk once I do get it.

whats new from ps7 to cs? looks exactly the same from the SS im considering getting it but not if theres as minimal change as from 6 to 7

Stick with 7, its not worth the, Money if your gonna buy it, or effort if your just gonna hack it :rolleyes:

*edit*

Ph33r, the, comma.

Originally posted by Bennyb
Stick with 7, its not worth the, Money if your gonna buy it, or effort if your just gonna hack it :rolleyes:

My god that sentence has alot of random commas.

Originally posted by Defiance1
My god that sentence has alot of random commas.

Well, i was never told i was any good at english, but, i love commas. ANYWAY, i added a comma every time i was forced to go to my other computer and fix the fucking render client... Watch out, sometimes i use ... instead of commas.

Originally posted by Silverghost
What is the PS7 to CS thing? addons?

theres new filters, new shapes, better viewing of previews. in the filters u can view them all in abig screen instead of a menu. I like it.

Is this true:

Photoshop Elements 1 is to Photoshop 7

as

Photoshop Elements 2 is to Photoshop CS?

I know Elements is a stripped down version of Photoshop ,but I noticed that Elements2 has some features that Photoshop 7 doesn't (or at least I haven't seen in 7) Like the panarama automated thing.

When the day comes that Photoshop actually works like Painter and can manipulate paint complete with drying effects and the stability that Photoshop has always offered, then I'll see fit to invest in PS. For now, 98% of my work in done in Painter.

and in ps cs you cant scan money, it will give you errors or something :)

but with CS you have to activate it through the Adobe Website for it to work, and every time to run it, it connects to Adobe Online.

Plus, the Pirated Versions don't work properly, for instance, the CTRL Key doesn't work with most cracked versions.

I don't like it when my programs want to run simultaneously with online anything unless I'm playing a game of deathmatch.

According to Adobe's site, you need at least Win2K inorder to run it.

Originally posted by Steve-O-Rama
Plus, the Pirated Versions don't work properly, for instance, the CTRL Key doesn't work with most cracked versions.

wrong. 100% wrong. MOST pirated version don't work properly, but there's an obscure crack u can find that takes care of the shortcut problem. After buying the software, the constant connection to Adobe Online got annoying so i took care of that using a first, which as you described, disabled the shortcuts, however after looking and looking and looking i found one that works.
-Sagar-

Umm, you are ever-so retarded.

you even QUOTED me as saying:
"the CTRL Key doesn't work with most cracked versions."

Yeah people always will find a way around whatever programmers throw at them...

i just wanted to respond to this thread, thanks for the tute, i had some fun making a new splash screen.

photoshop.jpg

*but with CS you have to activate it through the Adobe Website for it to work, and every time to run it, it connects to Adobe Online.*

That's why you should:

1) Buy the software.

2) Buy a Mac.

Adobe doesn't do that BS registration on a Mac but first and foremost, you should pay for the software that you're using. If you like PS and all the advancements that come with each version, you should also realize that dozens of people are paid to make those improvements and their paychecks depend on you buying the software.

The common availibity of Adobe products has always made me wonder if Adobe doesn't leak the stuff on purpose. I mean anyone that uses photoshop and the like for work actually buy it but the people who owuld never pay 1500 dollars for it are the ones who find the cracked copys. Its kind of like an academic copy there training people to grow up to be in a business where they will use there product and they or thier company whill purchase it. So there not losing sales because that person wasn't going to shell out the 1500 dollars anyways but there gaining them becuase more people will know there software over the competition.

Just a conspiricy theory I guess. But has anyone else notice the common availibity of adobe products over other companies...sure part of it is because its good expenisive stuff.

Why buy a Mac for PS. The myth of photoshop running that much better on Mac is so old its not even funny. I know that some of the brand new duallie macs are about neck and neck again from what I've seen but those are darn expensive and will probably be apples top of the line for a long time. It is nice that most tutorials and books on Adobe products are done on Mac so its easier to follow sometimes. I also understand that Apples are kind of like creative computers designed by creators for creative people which is another reason a lot of Adobe people use them. To each his own...

... to hell with mac's.

Most recent tests that I've seen point that a $4,000 mac system is beat by a $3,000 Dell. I guess if by some unfortunate accident, you grew up using mac's, then go for it. Otherwise, use PC's like the rest of the businesses in the world do.

Tell me a dual A64 system cannot render fast. phhhh:rolleyes:

<i>The common availibity of Adobe products has always made me wonder if Adobe doesn't leak the stuff on purpose.</i>

If that's true, why would they make a $100 version of PS called Elements?

<i>I guess if by some unfortunate accident, you grew up using mac's, then go for it. Otherwise, use PC's like the rest of the businesses in the world do.</i>

I don't know a single designer using a PC as their primary work computer, nor do I know of a single design house or print shop that prefers you to send them PC files.

the sad thing is that people honestly care about it ... I've had access to a mac for about 4 years, but for my own computer i have a PC .. i simply can't afford to spend money buying a mac and getting all the software again.

as for the quality? I've never found an instance where someones work was effected. it most certainly isn't going to make you a better designer, and as for industry standard? such is life ... its not worth worrying about and dumping a fortune on.

the more you work with both, the more you realize the inadequacies of both ... and how to get around them.

*the sad thing is that people honestly care about it ... I've had access to a mac for about 4 years, but for my own computer i have a PC .. i simply can't afford to spend money buying a mac and getting all the software again.*

Yes, it is expensive. Unless you're a full-time designer, I honestly see no reason to buy a Mac just for design work.

But Colorsync IS a very nice thing that Macs offer integrated into the OS and using a Mac just makes life easier when dealing with design houses and print shops.

Originally posted by Rocketpig using a Mac just makes life easier when dealing with design houses and print shops. [/B]

lol .. im a printmaker ... so i guess that helps.

*lol .. im a printmaker ... so i guess that helps.*

LOL yeah.

What kind of prints do you do? I'm always looking for more printers to deal with... Can never know enough of them.

what happened to the purpose of this thread? Might have to restart this one.

I have had the "paradox" version of cs for three months now and it says that the serial has expired and shuts down the program... is there anyway around it?

Wow, $1500 retail?! I can get Photoshop CS at my school store for $260, thats sweet :) As soon as I get cash I am gonna go buy it.

Originally posted by Twister
Wow, $1500 retail?! I can get Photoshop CS at my school store for $260, thats sweet :) As soon as I get cash I am gonna go buy it.

Educational deals are always great...

BTW in your sig shouldn't your GPU be 9500np softmodded to 9700np and OCed to 9700pro?

Originally posted by Twister

check to see if its an educational version ... because if you're just using it to learn ... you'll probably have to buy it again if/when you decide to do professional graphic work. kinda sucks, i'm assuming you're at university and they're selling it?

yeah it's only 569 for full photoshop

Back