Phone Systems

heavenlykid

Limp Gawd
ok not sure if this is the right thread but here goes.

im currently building a 60 person call center for a marketing company. I was wondering if any one has good information on phone systems. we are currently undecided on what system to use what system works the best etc.. and so on. we currently have voip phones we are trying to use the same phones if we can. one thing is for sure we need automated receptionist and for sure 7 dedicated phone numbers. I was jus wondering if any of you have advice on what system to use.

need budgets i think... i'm not a big phone guy... but you can spend 1000 bucks on a nice asterisk server, or 15000 on hardcore cisco voip setup

I know a guy that runs a call center in my city and they went with Avaya. They are pretty much the industry standard for call centers with VoIP. Cisco does make a call center solution and it is very good from what I hear.

Budget is going to be a huge factor here.

If building on the cheap: trixbox + phones of your choice. If you really want to be cool, setup openfire also and integrate it with asterisk. This would be quite handy in a call center environment.

If you've got a large budget, head for a major vendor.....Avaya, Aspect, Cisco, etc.

Initial budget is expensive- maintenence is alot lower... but Cisco VoIP is the ONLY way to go. You don't know how many folks I know that wished they would have gone Cisco...

Damn, I've been chomping at the bit to answer this, but I was on 'vacation'.

We really need to know the budget involved and, possibly more importantly, the location. My initial impulse is to recommend asterisk, but those two things could change it.

Initial budget is expensive- maintenence is alot lower... but Cisco VoIP is the ONLY way to go. You don't know how many folks I know that wished they would have gone Cisco...

Not true at all, its good, but to damn expensive, look at hosted voip solutions, or netsapians. Vocalocity for the hosted solution, never had a complaint, nice web management interface.

Stay the fuck away from avaya, i despise them

Where I work, they use Aspect phones for the employees, and to record all inbound/outbound calls they use Verint. Allows searching for calls by incoming or outgoing phone #, aspect phone ID #, etc.

Hit me up if you have more questions

Stay the fuck away from avaya, i despise them
Absolutely agreed. Avaya is good for smaller office environments ( although I still think asterisk fits here better ), but once you get enterprise level they charge you out the ass for an inferior product. Then they have the gall to try to nail you on support too.

Back