Phone Financing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizzy

Supreme [H]ardness
This may be a stupid question, but is there any way I can get financed for a phone, or any place that allows me to pay monthly payments for a phone? I already have a contract with AT&T, and planning on getting a new phone. Could there be any eBay stores that do this?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if anyone is curious as to which phone I want financed for, it would either be the w960i, or the w760i.

If you have to finance a phone you might want to take a step back and look at what you are spending your money on. A phone is definitely something that should be bought straight up.

Here in Japan it's common place. I bought the newest Docomo phone about four months back and paid 0 yen upfront, I pay a monthly installment that has no interest. But to my knowledge, there are no such deals in America. All I can say is move to Japan and you'll be set!

t-mobile is starting something up to finance phones. They aren't actually financing them, they will just spread the cost of the phone out over the next 3 months with no interest charges.

Aren't pretty much all phones financed and payed for mostly by your monthly phone bill? hence the locking and early termination fees? if you have to finance the downpayment on something that is already being financed, you probably dont need it.

Aren't pretty much all phones financed and payed for mostly by your monthly phone bill? hence the locking and early termination fees? if you have to finance the downpayment on something that is already being financed, you probably dont need it.

Most phones are subsidized, you still need to pay the other half of the phone, which can sometimes be as high as $500 with a 2 year contract.

I would not finance a phone, if anything, buy it on a 0 interest credit card if you have to.

If you have to finance a phone you might want to take a step back and look at what you are spending your money on. A phone is definitely something that should be bought straight up.
That's not the point. I don't feel like dropping $600 on a phone "straight up". Not saying the phones I mentioned are $600, just saying there are phones out there I'm interested in that are. (iPhone, Storm, n95, etc).

Aren't pretty much all phones financed and payed for mostly by your monthly phone bill?
I broke the phone I started the contract with.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will just have to hold out till my contract expires next December.

Something ain't right here.

You broke the phone, your paying a monthly fee for something you don't use, and you want to finance a new phone, which you'll probably break, and pay the monthly fee for something you don't use?!!

Something ain't right here.

You broke the phone, your paying a monthly fee for something you don't use, and you want to finance a new phone, which you'll probably break, and pay the monthly fee for something you don't use?!!
Err.. who are you to say that I'll probably break the next one I'll get? :rolleyes:

Anyway, my question was answered, once again thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back