Phone Computer

Eocene

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
446
I want to use my computer as a phone.. my wireless one annoys me because it sometimes runs out of battery or w/e.. and I feel limited..

Does anyone know of any good "phone program".. I could use on windows/linux...
so basically I would plug in the phone jack to the 56k modem.. correct.. then I would use a mic.. (i wonder how good a mic is.. for a phone) and the speakers.?


I was also wondering... hmmm.. if there was a way to record a conversation (yeah this seems weird.. but I've actually wanted to record a conversation but I my phone only allows me to record what I'm saying).



Thanks
 
Vonage is $14.99 a month, and there are commercials on TV, so they have to be pretty good.

I mean, you know Trojan condoms are good. They're the only condom company that can afford to advertise....right?
 
GJSNeptune said:
Vonage is $14.99 a month, and there are commercials on TV, so they have to be pretty good.

I mean, you know Trojan condoms are good. They're the only condom company that can afford to advertise....right?
LMAO!
:D
 
Nah not really dude...

Thay are the only company that finds it worthwhile to advertise in that venue (tv)

~Adam
 
Eocene said:
I want to use my computer as a phone.. my wireless one annoys me because it sometimes runs out of battery or w/e.. and I feel limited..

Does anyone know of any good "phone program".. I could use on windows/linux...
so basically I would plug in the phone jack to the 56k modem.. correct.. then I would use a mic.. (i wonder how good a mic is.. for a phone) and the speakers.?


I was also wondering... hmmm.. if there was a way to record a conversation (yeah this seems weird.. but I've actually wanted to record a conversation but I my phone only allows me to record what I'm saying).



Thanks

I take it you are on dialup?
 
There's this awesome thing... I forget what it's called... but it allows you to use the phone without a 56k modem and you dont have to be at the computer when you use it... Ohhh yea it's called a corded phone... noob :p

Go pick up a $10 phone and stop whining.

~Adam
 
.. did you even read the post.. i said I want to record also and have total control to do extra thingns.. such as mute my own.. mic.. etc


No i'm not on dial up... and I'm looking for somethign that is free.
 
Eocene said:
I want to use my computer as a phone.. my wireless one annoys me because it sometimes runs out of battery or w/e.. and I feel limited..

Does anyone know of any good "phone program".. I could use on windows/linux...
so basically I would plug in the phone jack to the 56k modem.. correct.. then I would use a mic.. (i wonder how good a mic is.. for a phone) and the speakers.?


I was also wondering... hmmm.. if there was a way to record a conversation (yeah this seems weird.. but I've actually wanted to record a conversation but I my phone only allows me to record what I'm saying).



Thanks

My friend's been using a free program called Skype to stay in touch with others while hes overseas. Maybe you can give it a try. I don't know much about it personally.
 
vamp said:
My friend's been using a free program called Skype to stay in touch with others while hes overseas. Maybe you can give it a try. I don't know much about it personally.

I used Skype back in its beta days. Wonderful program, it sounded great on dial-up too, and it sounded better on broadband. I really think you are going to have to get a headset, becuase of the feedback issues when talking on a mic with speakers.
 
GJSNeptune said:
Vonage is $14.99 a month, and there are commercials on TV, so they have to be pretty good.

I mean, you know Trojan condoms are good. They're the only condom company that can afford to advertise....right?


what about durex condoms? they have some pretty hot commercials. :p
 
Eocene said:
.. did you even read the post.. i said I want to record also and have total control to do extra thingns.. such as mute my own.. mic.. etc


No i'm not on dial up... and I'm looking for somethign that is free.

Check the laws in your state about recording phone conversations first. It varies, but in many states it is a felony unless you can show that both parties know beforehand that it's being recorded.
 
ThomasE66 said:
Check the laws in your state about recording phone conversations first. It varies, but in many states it is a felony unless you can show that both parties know beforehand that it's being recorded.
California law: You may record phone calls as long as you announce it at the beginning of the recording session (usually before the call starts) or you must play a tone or beep every 15 seconds.


-randyc
 
lodingi said:
what about durex condoms? they have some pretty hot commercials. :p
Do they? I don't think I've ever seen a Durex commercial. Heh, Trojan is the brand you think of when you think of condoms. It's the go-to brand.

Anyway, back to the topic!
 
heero884 said:
its interesting how computer talk can lead to brands of condoms :)
There is something quite erotic about finding that perfect spot on a good overclock
 
heero884 said:
guys hes not talking about voip :)

i tried a search and here is what i found

http://www.download.com/CallStation/3000-2064_4-10367054.html?tag=lst-0-20

its not free though but its a example of what hes looking for :)


At least someone understands me.. heh.. no but really this is what I'm looking for.. too bad it's only a trial.. and yes I figured a headset would be better...

Yeah I wasnt planning on recording without permission.. but that every 15 sec. beep is interesting.. hmm.

NOW what would really be nice.. is an option to put tech support ppl on hold and play some of your own music hahaha =-p

oh man.. at least I learned a few things today.
 
heero884 said:
its interesting how computer talk can lead to brands of condoms :)

usb vibrator overclock anyone? Bet I could get one to "OH! OHH!!! OOOHHHHHH!!!" speeds first :D

~Adam
 
Back
Top