Phone back from the dead!

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I have had my Captivate for a little over a year and three months. Three days ago I go to a pool party for my little nephew, walk on in and jump right in the pool. It was a tad over 100 degrees that day so I wasn't in the frame of mind for pleasantries all I cared about was cold water to go swimming in. Two hours later I get out to get some grub, plop my fat ass down on the bench, and here a nice solid thud. What the hell is in my pocket that would make a thud? I reach in and just want to instantly burst into tears. My Captivate had been swimming with me for the entire two hours.

I start the typical "maybe I can still save it!" routine by removing the battery, sim card, and all and let sit on the table to air dry. I get home and toss it into a bag of rice until I get home the following day, so it sat in it for almost a full 24 hours. I pick it up, put it back together and just start praying "please, please, please, please, please, for the love of god turn on!" I hit the power button and.........nothing. I just figure what the hell plug the charger into it lets see what happens. Still a nogo. So I'm like "fuck, I can't upgrade until March of next year and I don't have two or three hundred dollars laying around to get one off of Ebay or online." I logon to the AT&T website and as luck would have it, my nephew (not the birthday one) has an upgrade option on his line. My sister said he sure as hell won't be able to use his for a while so I could go ahead and use it.

Now I'm all excited. Fuck yeah, brand new phone here I come! I narrow down my upgrade choice to the Infuse or Inspire and decide to go with the Samsung Infuse but Best Buy is closed (they have it for $100 versus AT&T's website of $200) so figured I would go in today and pick up my shiny new phone! I am going to sleep last night and am at the point where I am just about to be knocked out when I hear a noise and am like WTF was that. I look up on my desk and the phone actually, finally came back to life!! While I was looking forward to my shiny new phone, I like the $100 in my account even more.

It's actually like 97% functional. From what I can tell the only things that don't work so far are the WiFi feature and hitting the power button once real quick to turn the screen off. Thank you Samsung for making a phone that can survive a two hour swim!

Well I have had my Captivate for a little over a year and three months. Three days ago I go to a pool party for my little nephew, walk on in and jump right in the pool. It was a tad over 100 degrees that day so I wasn't in the frame of mind for pleasantries all I cared about was cold water to go swimming in. Two hours later I get out to get some grub, plop my fat ass down on the bench, and here a nice solid thud. What the hell is in my pocket that would make a thud? I reach in and just want to instantly burst into tears. My Captivate had been swimming with me for the entire two hours.

I start the typical "maybe I can still save it!" routine by removing the battery, sim card, and all and let sit on the table to air dry. I get home and toss it into a bag of rice until I get home the following day, so it sat in it for almost a full 24 hours. I pick it up, put it back together and just start praying "please, please, please, please, please, for the love of god turn on!" I hit the power button and.........nothing. I just figure what the hell plug the charger into it lets see what happens. Still a nogo. So I'm like "fuck, I can't upgrade until March of next year and I don't have two or three hundred dollars laying around to get one off of Ebay or online." I logon to the AT&T website and as luck would have it, my nephew (not the birthday one) has an upgrade option on his line. My sister said he sure as hell won't be able to use his for a while so I could go ahead and use it.

Now I'm all excited. Fuck yeah, brand new phone here I come! I narrow down my upgrade choice to the Infuse or Inspire and decide to go with the Samsung Infuse but Best Buy is closed (they have it for $100 versus AT&T's website of $200) so figured I would go in today and pick up my shiny new phone! I am going to sleep last night and am at the point where I am just about to be knocked out when I hear a noise and am like WTF was that. I look up on my desk and the phone actually, finally came back to life!! While I was looking forward to my shiny new phone, I like the $100 in my account even more.

It's actually like 97% functional. From what I can tell the only things that don't work so far are the WiFi feature and hitting the power button once real quick to turn the screen off. Thank you Samsung for making a phone that can survive a two hour swim!

My old t919 Behold swam for few seconds and after it dried out it worked, No more speaker phone but it worked.

So thanks Samsung for making tough phones.

The WiFi has started working and so has the button function for manually turning off the screen, but the SIM card function has started acting up.

Well turns out it was only back long enough to say goodbye. Had to get the Infuse 4G today. Gotta say I fucking love it!

Git it for $107 out the door at Best Buy. They even transferred all my SIM card info over to the 4G card for me as well.

If you had a Nokia 3310, it would still boot giving you the 2 iconic hands meeting for a shake.... even after a nuclear holocaust.

If you had a Nokia 3310, it would still boot giving you the 2 iconic hands meeting for a shake.... even after a nuclear holocaust.

The older Nokias I had went through hell. One of them even got ran over by a fucking bulldozer and still booted up lol.

The older Nokias I had went through hell. One of them even got ran over by a fucking bulldozer and still booted up lol.

Do you work in construction or is there some massive story behind this? :p

Do you work in construction or is there some massive story behind this? :p

Brother-in-law works for a water department and I let him use it for that day. I was worried because he always drowned the shit out of his phone and it got abused like fuck. It was also a Nokia but managed to survive everything he put it through so I was like what can he possibly do to this one that he hasnt done to his?

Well he got home and told me he had to buy me a new phone cause he bent down to pick something up and didn't realize it fell out of his shirt pocket. He hopped into the bulldozer, started fucking around then heard the phone ringing but couldn't find it. His guys were laughing their asses off pointing at the ground telling him he ran it over.

It was crushed and half the screen didn't work but it held itself together and could send and receive calls using the keypad.

You spit on phones nowadays and they go apesit.

Back