Philips 47" 1080p LCD - Costco.com - $1799.99 thru 02/04/07

arentol

2[H]4U
Costco has a great "Superbowl" deal on a new TV:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11182949&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Of course if you order the TV online you won't get it by Superbowl time, but it's still an incredibly low price for a 47" 1080p TV.

A few additional things to be aware of:

The Costco Home store in Kirkland, WA (confirmed) and apparently the one in Tempe, AZ (unconfirmed) also have these in stock for pick-up or local delivery for $1849.99.

The TV has no VGA input, which is probably good thanks to this:

The TV does not accept input higher than 1080i, despite having a 1080p display. The ONLY affect this will have on picture quality is if your input device is running at more than 30fps. So movies, of any kind, will not be negatively affected, nor will the Xbox360, or the PS3 (set to 1080i of course), because those systems don't run faster than 30fps at 1080 anyway. The reason why it won't matter is kind of complex, but it amounts to the fact that 1080i or 1080p input on a de-interlacing 1080p display both end up showing EVERY pixel of information for 2 full cycles.
So the only thing this TV won't do well is act as a PC monitor. For all other purposes it should work very well.

This TV came out on the 29th I think, so it's a brand new model with one of the newest LCD's around (which is why you haven't seen 47" 1080p LCD's before).

BTW, I have one I picked up from Kirkland Costco, and I am loving it with my PS3 games and Blue-Ray movies (DVD looks awesome too)!

Arrgh...how can it be called a 1080p TV if it doesn't support it? Nonetheless, I'm quite peeved @ the zebra stripes on a Sharp 46"...friggin' LCD's. :(

Back