Philips 43" 4k $399 warm?

Just a comparison - some data. Use it as you will. I don't think this deal is all that hot.

Perhaps, but it isn't useful to compare a current deal with "all-time low prices". Sometimes those prices never come back. You're dealing with a situation in which you may not see similar pricing until Black Friday (Month, Christmas time whatever nonsense sales).
Which is great if you can wait that long, but not at all useful if you want to buy a TV within say the next 6 weeks. So if you consider that to be "caveats and addendums" fine, but I think this deal is pretty darn good considering the time of year and the fact that there are generally not sales during this time frame either. It would be interesting to see if you could find a better deal during the month of April historically (as in going back years). I think it would be quite difficult.

The only pricing that really seems strong is the continued low pricing on the made for BB/Costco Samsung TVs. But they lack 4:4:4 and are generally not good for desktop displays.

The only pricing that really seems strong is the continued low pricing on the made for BB/Costco Samsung TVs. But they lack 4:4:4 and are generally not good for desktop displays.

If you're referring to the $300 40" 4K Samsung that many of us purchased recently, it does support 4:4:4 and has fairly low input lag for a TV. It's a surprisingly excellent monitor for the money.

I don't know much about this particular Philips display so I can't comment on it, but there have been threads here on a couple of their 40"+ 4K monitors and they had some issues that people weren't thrilled about.

It arrived!

Bad news is it has a huge florescent green splotch in the lower right corner as big as both my hands.. working on getting it replaced now. It also refuses to display my Sony Blu-ray players output. Guh... had no idea there were so many 'shopping network' style channels over free air broadcasts.. Also ... why is Walker Texas Ranger on 24/7? HOLY CRAP!

Good news is, its an incredible Monitor for my computer, not seeing any issues or lag playing games, and the picture is unbelievable. Very sad I have to get it replaced. 4K gaming is shockingly sweet.

Still trying to figure out best way to get the audio into my computer and back out though its speakers, instead of using the TVs speakers.

It arrived!

Bad news is it has a huge florescent green splotch in the lower right corner as big as both my hands.. working on getting it replaced now. It also refuses to display my Sony Blu-ray players output. Guh... had no idea there were so many 'shopping network' style channels over free air broadcasts.. Also ... why is Walker Texas Ranger on 24/7? HOLY CRAP!

Good news is, its an incredible Monitor for my computer, not seeing any issues or lag playing games, and the picture is unbelievable. Very sad I have to get it replaced. 4K gaming is shockingly sweet.

Still trying to figure out best way to get the audio into my computer and back out though its speakers, instead of using the TVs speakers.

You probably need to disable the audio out on HDMI in your video card drivers.

You probably need to disable the audio out on HDMI in your video card drivers.

Ya lost me... why would I need to do that? My output from my computer to the monitor is flawless.. the blu is connected directly to the monitor, & I just swap the source selection. It displays the player brand and model number automatically, but doesn't play back the feed, but when I connect to another monitor, that works fine.. wondering if there's something glitchy with the auto detect 4K capability of the monitor and trying to upmix HD to 4K? I'll futz with it when I get home, see if turning any auto convert settings off helps

Back