Phenom O/C help

watanabe

Limp Gawd
Wondering if these volts are too high:

I set my Vcore to +0.2V in the bios but it seems my mb has some filtration issues and is feeding it an extra 0.05v... think this is too much? I plan on upgrading when sandy bridge comes out but wanted to have a w/c'ing setup/experience ready to go for when that is released, also as long as the chip's life isn't shortened more than that point I'd be happy.

I'm running all this in my new watercooling setup: Swiftech GTZ -> swiftech triple rad -> liang dd5 w/xspc restop and 3 sanace 120x38mm fans running off a scythe server fan controller. Temps after an hour of Prime95 are at 38C,

It boots into windows at 4.0 ghz at the same voltage but immediately reboots as soon as i start a small fft stress test... any ideas on getting it up to 4.0?

edit: so I'm down to 3.6GHz at +0.15V bios (actually at 1.55vcore now) and still failing prime95... temps are 41c with fans on low, is it normal for it to be this hard to get stable? Seeing as how I can boot into windows7 64bit at 4.0ghz and surf the web i wasn't expecting to give up 400Mhz to get a 100% stable prime95.

Last edited:
Back