Phenom II X4 965BE cooling...

Akumu

n00b
I'm replacing a stock HSF on my friend's AM3 system. We're on a budget of $50 and want to get a solid HSF that can fit in his Rosewill Cruiser case. The Scythe SCMG-2100 was too big and so we sent for a Cooler Master Hyper N520. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057

This thing, through it's sucky directions, has the chip at 38C idle and 70C load with Prime95 running after 15 minutes. (And doesn't got any higher than that.) I checked and reseated this thing numerous times. It's making contact on over 75%...but not the full die.

Does anyone know of a cooler that can be used if we sent this one back? Keeping in mind the Cruiser case has a large 220mm side fan we do not want to take off. We can't go back to the jet engine that was the default fan, but the temps on this thing should be lower. I wouldn't mind just trying a different HSF all together if anyone has any good ideas.

Thanks.

if you can fit a CM 212+ in that case i highly recommend it. if not i'd say splurge the extra 20 bucks on an H50 and be done with it. the 212+ can definitely be found under 40 bucks. seen it as low as 25 bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back