• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Phenom 9550

xxkaliboyx

Bad Trader
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
113
To all you owners of the 9550 can you post some overclocking results? Or a link to a article. Can't seem to find any online (yes I used the power of google)

Where I'm getting at is that if the 9550 can break the 3.0ghz barrier like the 9850 can then it can be a good option for us AMD owners that don't want to hassle with intel.

I read somewhere that the B3 stepping can be push to 270HTT and if that the case then it requires a multi of 11X to hit 3.0Ghz. So if all that holds true theoretically the 9550 can be push that high.

Just want some verification from the owners. Thanks
 
Phenom 9550 has been available online for about 2 days now, so I do not think anyone actually has one yet.
 
Phenom 9550 has been available online for about 2 days now, so I do not think anyone actually has one yet.

Oh ok, wasn't to sure. I just popped my head into NewEgg today and noticed it, wasn't to sure when it became available. Surprise no review sites have an article on the 9550 yet since seems to be the cheapest quad out of the new B3 series. Don't they usually receive CPUs before the public does?
 
Lol no they dont; they just probably beg one of their distributors to get one.

AMD's ONLY direct retail customer is Fry's - they are the only ones that receive products directly from AMD without going through a distributor (this is why they are also capable of giving 1 year warranty on OEM processors - AMD will directly replace it for them if there's a dead one).

I am, however, surprised to see that at this point Fry's doesn't have any of the B3 rev. chips... if anything - they'd be the first ones to get the procs prior to anyone else.
 
Scan in the UK have the 9550 marked as 'In stock', but dunno if anyone's actually got one yet.

Lost Circuits managed to get a 9850 to 3.2 on the stock cooler, which seems ok, however I think that's the black edition with unlocked multipliers?
 
Haha Frys is accross the street from AMD in Santaclara Headquarters and ive told store manager to walk across the street and get me one...


I was kiding him...Because they never have the Good chips in stock at time of any release...They always had thier Vidcards day of release (3870x2) or with in two weeks..

There a bit slow with CPU's and Top notch Mobo's..The EGG is alot faster and Cheaper..

The good thing about Fry's"" you can walk in if a problem comes about with that new toy."":D
 
Back
Top