Phenom 2 650T?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rs#.22Zosma.22_.28E0.2C_45_nm.2C_Quad-core.29

Thuban with two cores locked, lower cache and lower clocks; the 650T is the slowest Thuban apparently, as all other locked Thubans still have 6MB L3 cache and are 2.9GHz or higher.

Pick one, see how it unclocks and overclocks. It's an OEM part.

EDIT: CPU World tried one, they weren't able to unlock it at all: http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2011/2011070201_Obscure_CPUs_AMD_Phenom_II_X4_650T.html

EDIT: I suppose performance would be similar to Phenom II X4 820, if not nearly identical.

I doubt it unlocks + overclocks well like some of the 960T's but there's always room for surprise.:D For a little more you can get a new 955 with the 3 character batch codes. I would get the 955 personally - if you are actually going to use it versus just playing around.

I have a 965 & 1090T already. I'm more curious about playing with one

EDIT: I suppose performance would be similar to Phenom II X4 820, if not nearly identical.

Interesting. The Phenom II 820 can unlock an additional 2MB of L3 though. Pretty much making it a Phenom II 925 specs wise. The price on the 650T sure are nice. I wonder if there has been any success with unlocking one and what features are added after unlocking one.

Looks like someone was able to unlock this CPU to an AMD X6 1505t.
L_00005024.jpg

I got mine in the mail cause I wanted another X4 CPU and at the price (talked the seller down to $70) I figured it was a good pickup with the possibility of gettin an X6. I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong but it looks like my CPU doesn't unlock. I use a ga-ma790x-ud4p with ACC set to auto and EC Firmware set to hybrid. My Phenom II X4 820 unlocked but I'm not sure if I have to tweak something to gain the extra two cores and 2MB of L3. Anyone else pick one up and get a successful unlock?

Shows up as a 950t with CPU-Z:

Last edited:
That's a pretty high voltage to run at stock (w/o Turbo) 1090T speeds. Unless that was overcompensation by the person doing the unlocking I would expect it to perform just like the unlocking Phenom II X2's that require extra voltage to run stock speeds (choice of good overclocking as a X2 or mediocre X4 clocking).

Stock volts for mobos on the Thubans = 1.35v .... so 1.36v isnt too high......plus the guyw ith the SS, you have a dud chip, no hex for you more than likely

That's a pretty high voltage to run at stock (w/o Turbo) 1090T speeds. Unless that was overcompensation by the person doing the unlocking I would expect it to perform just like the unlocking Phenom II X2's that require extra voltage to run stock speeds (choice of good overclocking as a X2 or mediocre X4 clocking).

Does your ACC option have a manual setting? It may give you the option to select/deselect specific cores- that's how it is with my 555 and GD70. This will tell you if it is attempting for 6 cores or not.

Does your ACC option have a manual setting? It may give you the option to select/deselect specific cores- that's how it is with my 555 and GD70. This will tell you if it is attempting for 6 cores or not.

With ACC and the EC setting I can adjust the settings using the following:

All cores
Per core

All cores and per core start at -2% But if ACC with EC is on or off I only see CPU Core 0, CPU Core 1, CPU Core 2 and CPU Core 3. I would assume that with ACC and EC on I would see a CPU Core 4 and CPU Core 5 correct? I want to try to unlock it but I figure it best to ask others that have experience unlocking other CPUs and use those tips and see if I can pull it off. Heck if I could pull off just an extra 2MB of L3 cache it would be a win win for me but as of now I've just accepted that it is a quad and nothing more.

Are these worth getting?

I would say yes. If it unlocks even better. Mine didn't but I wanted another quad anyway so not a big loss. I talked the seller down to $70 so if that helps you can get it cheaper. Only 2 left last time I checked.

Stock volts for mobos on the Thubans = 1.35v .... so 1.36v isnt too high......plus the guyw ith the SS, you have a dud chip, no hex for you more than likely
I was referring to the unlocked photo from CPU-world. 1.4v implies they had to raise it for stability at X6.

There's a reason AMD didn't release those chips as X6. You seem to have forgot about "binning".
How could I have forgotten about something I pointed out earlier in the thread?
You seem to have forgotten to read the entire thread before posting.

It's the same as the X2's. Some were perfectly fine and were made X2 to meet demands for cheaper parts when yields improved. Some were mediocre as X4's. These wouldn't fit into any 9xx series bin (maybe 8xx but those are largely discontinued/OEM only at this point) and often required extra voltage to unlock, even at stock voltage. And finally the third category had totally broken cores. You'll see the same three tiers with any Zosma handicapped Thuban.

so it seems i got a good one and so far the only good one lol yet that is... so does anyone know how many of these were made?

Back