Oh hell yeah!! The first one was an incredible throwback to the Duke days. Nice little graphical bump here, and I love the attention to interactivity. It gives/gave these games so much character and life. t1k would agree I'm sure.

Shame the demo is no longer available. It's an awesome bit of kit and I love them taking the approach of these games acting like they are going through time period upgrades in engine tech.

Oh hell yeah!! The first one was an incredible throwback to the Duke days. Nice little graphical bump here, and I love the attention to interactivity. It gives/gave these games so much character and life. t1k would agree I'm sure.
Yes! Ion Fury was great, and I definitely want to play this at some point. I love Build Engine games. I missed the sale on Aftershock I think but have it wish listed now.

Last edited:
No reveal on the price, no early reviews, or pre release streams.... Looks like a bargain bin buy.... My bets are $29.99 or $34.99 on release.

Trailer looks good, hopefully they listened to the feedback they received over the god awful demo they put out.... I will not be picking this one up at launch however after the back handing the community received with the abysmal Kingpin - Reloaded and Graven releases.... The tale of the tape will be the reviews upon release. Once bitten twice shy, 3DR can earn my money.

I hope they include the option to turn on texture filtering, unlike with System Shock. Know there's a mod for the latter, but it doesn't work for your weapon/hand model still... If you're going to go the lo-fi retro look, go all the way. Point sampled texture maps don't do the rest of the visual fidelity or lighting quality any favors. If you're using ambient occlusion, trilinear filter that shit...

I know my complaint is frivolous, but still...

Trailer looks good, hopefully they listened to the feedback they received over the god awful demo they put out.... I will not be picking this one up at launch however after the back handing the community received with the abysmal Kingpin - Reloaded and Graven releases.... The tale of the tape will be the reviews upon release. Once bitten twice shy, 3DR can earn my money.

It wasn't good? I didn't play it.

Well that sucks because all the trailers looked quite strong.

Civvie 11 breaks character to share his true feelings about 3D Realms and Slipgate Ironworks. Segment on Phantom Fury starts at 8:59 if the embed doesn't take you there.

View: https://youtu.be/8Wp7MY16aAI?si=M1EtzdKflT3B3Bcj&t=537

LOL regarding the interactivity:

"I don't give a shit if I can adjust the fan speed in each train car with a switch if the shooting in your shooting game is terrible."

Watched a couple more vids yesterday and it's just a shame because this COULD be a great game. I really hope it sees some patches and fixes. I'll pick it up on sale if they improve it. It's like they nailed some things while others needed a few more months of polish. Buuuut based on the patches that Kingpin: Reloaded received post-launch it wouldn't surprise me if not all of it gets fixed and they move on fairly quickly, unfortunately.

I thought WRATH: Aeon of Ruin was pretty fun (though I think I've only played approximately the first third of the game so far). Sucks about Graven because that one looked like it had a lot of potential.

Back