• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Phantom 530/Glacer 240L

DeadGuys

n00b
Joined
Apr 5, 2014
Messages
2
Hey everybody,

So I'm doing my first new build in a long time and seem to have hit the inevitable first snag. I'm using the subject line hardware with a M6 Formula board and I was banging my head against a wall last night trying to figure out how to properly mount the Glacer in the case. Holes never seemed to line up and I couldn't figure out the best way for the fans and radiator. Come home from work today to tackle it again and it dawns on me in the manual... The top mount of the Phantom 530 is meant for 120mm x3 or 140mm x2. Galcer *240* -- must be 120mm x2 and thus not compatible, eh? Tricky PCPartPicker compatibility checker.

However, the front mount seems to work for 120mm x2, though I'm not sure the Glacer has the clearance for that. So, advice? Do I simply need to return the Glacer and seek another option? Mount it with only the 4 screws I can get to line up? Which is awkward positioning, btw. Try to mount it in the front (though I don't think it will fit there) and move the included 200mm fan to the top?

So lost, so bummed. Was looking forward to having this up and running tonight. :) Oh well. I suppose I could use the stock Intel cooler until I figure it out.

Brett
 
Hey everybody,

So I'm doing my first new build in a long time and seem to have hit the inevitable first snag. I'm using the subject line hardware with a M6 Formula board and I was banging my head against a wall last night trying to figure out how to properly mount the Glacer in the case. Holes never seemed to line up and I couldn't figure out the best way for the fans and radiator. Come home from work today to tackle it again and it dawns on me in the manual... The top mount of the Phantom 530 is meant for 120mm x3 or 140mm x2. Galcer *240* -- must be 120mm x2 and thus not compatible, eh? Tricky PCPartPicker compatibility checker.

However, the front mount seems to work for 120mm x2, though I'm not sure the Glacer has the clearance for that. So, advice? Do I simply need to return the Glacer and seek another option? Mount it with only the 4 screws I can get to line up? Which is awkward positioning, btw. Try to mount it in the front (though I don't think it will fit there) and move the included 200mm fan to the top?

So lost, so bummed. Was looking forward to having this up and running tonight. :) Oh well. I suppose I could use the stock Intel cooler until I figure it out.

Brett

Most likely its not compatible on top. I would try it up front or return it.
 
Thanks, jmilcher. I will probably return it and just try to snag a Kraken x60 when I can find them in stock again.
 
Back
Top