Phanteks evolv

Mosher

Gawd
Was going to get the ITX, but I really wanted something to treat myself, and well I got a Phanteks Evolv

I have some issues with it, but man, best constructed case I've ever owned. I wouldn't call it SFF. [H]ards review was accurate, I don't understand why they didn't just make it ATX. No one would choose, a 5.25 bay in the rear facing away from them if they had the option of using an ATX mb instead. That's the main thing I think baffling me right now so much I am looking at it with the modding goggles and that ain't a good thing for my sanity or time lol.

The Evolv is actually my next purchase in the coming weeks to complete a build I've been working on. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm considering the new Evolv ATX case but the lack of an optical drive is a tough sell. I wish they at least had room for a slim drive.

What's funny is that the Evolv MATX has rear-ODD slot (great for reservoirs and such) but the ATX version ditches it? WTF? Still going to buy this case. It is simply too beautiful NOT to buy...

Yes I just have it on my desk so I can frankly drool at it.... lol

I am waiting for Skylake, AMD card to use with my freesync monitor (Maybe fury, waiting to see what R9 nano's like).

I'm considering the new Evolv ATX case but the lack of an optical drive is a tough sell. I wish they at least had room for a slim drive.

I really want one and I think I can live without the optical drive bay, especially since I just got a USB 3.0 BD Burner.

Any idea on when the ATX version is coming out?

They should've called it: MEGATRON.

What's up with case manufacturers, are they trying to make optical drives obsolete?

What is an optical drive? :p I have a external for the very few times I have used one in the past 3 years. And that goes for many users. Opticals are being phased out slowly imo.

What is an optical drive? :p I have a external for the very few times I have used one in the past 3 years. And that goes for many users. Opticals are being phased out slowly imo.

Same here... I have an external optical drive which I used once to install Windows 8, and that's about it. Since the ATX Evolv is coming out later than the other Evolv sizes, Phantek probably decided, "Ah, hell with it (optical drive)!"

Optical drives are going the way of the floppy disk :D

I also have completely forgone HDD as well and just using SSDs. That though is a money issue, because not everyone can pay for large SSD storage, although prices definitely are much more "reasonable" for a 1 TB SSD compared to last year.

They should've called it: MEGATRON.

What's up with case manufacturers, are they trying to make optical drives obsolete?

I haven't used an internal optical in years, though I keep an external slim usb dvd drive in a drawer in the case of old software/disks needing to be used. I don't particularly see a real consumer use for disks in this day and age. Mind you I still love good ol' vinyl, but CDs/DVDs, not so much.

Back