• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ITX Computer Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,465
Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ITX Computer Case Review - Little computer cases have gotten to be big business since the motherboard companies started building enthusiast featured mini-ITX motherboards. Phanteks' new EVOLV ITX case is not so little however as it is keeping in mind that users may want room to build their own water cooling loops or need room for a couple of AIO coolers.
 
I really love what Phanteks is doing. Especially with their Evolv line of cases. I just cant get myself to buy this form factor for an ITX case. Id much rather build something with a smaller footprint if im going to limit myself with a tiny board. But thats just a personal preference. I look forward to what Phanteks has to offer when I start building my next rig which will be when Cannonlake is realeased. Assuming my Sandy 2600k can live that long. Such a good proc! :)
 
I love love LOVE my Evolv ATX, but I just can't see the point of such a fat little case that ONLY supports ITX.
 
Nice review. Nice case. Like the red inside and the big hole behind the motherboard. Although I don't own any Phanteks products, I have read a lot of reviews for their cases and coolers and it seems they make really nice products. Seen very competitive benchmarks with Noctua with much better looks and price.
 
I had major problems with my R9 overheating in this case because there is very little room between the fans and the bottom there. A smaller card, or a card with a blower style fan might be ok. I like the case but ended up replacing it with a corsair obsidian 250d for my mini-itx gaming build.
 
Pretty case, but the way the graphics card is wedged in there makes me think anything but a blower style card is going to have a tough time.
 
That why we use graphics cards with blower style coolers in our reviews. Open style coolers vent the hot air into the chassis which taints the thermal results of other components like CPU, RAM and hard drives.
 
Decent case, but for that volume, you could get a far more versatile mATX case. Even a Corsair 350D is totally comparable in size, allowing for the use of more o/c-ing motherboards, secondary cards or dual GPUs in realistically the same footprint.
 
Back
Top