pfSense Transparent Bridge Guide?

Why would you want to do this? Just curious.

pfSense is meant to be a router/firewall, there are not web-filtering capabilities, that I am aware of, that would make it useful in a transparent bridge configuration.

pfSense is meant to be a router/firewall, there are not web-filtering capabilities, that I am aware of, that would make it useful in a transparent bridge configuration.

Running a firewall as a bridge can allow you to do filtering, with out having to re-ip servers and won't break protocols that can't function with NAT.

Having said that I don't know if pfSense supports that kind of configuration.

I agree...one of the primary features of PFSense is its superior traffic shaping/QoS features. It must be your primary router/gateway in order to do this. It cannot do this role as a transparent bridge.

Appliances being run as a transparent bridge, you see their jobs as antivirus scanning, SPAM removal, content filtering....generally a role for UTM appliances.

Back