PFSense issue

LOCO LAPTOP

[H]F Junkie
I needed a load balancing router but was told that they are all crap and get PFSense and well that crap too. I cant even get it to run. I get this:

img0649ds4.jpg

And right now its filling my screen up of the failure/timeout. The problem maybe the fact that a E6400 is the slowest thing I got. I dont a working P3 motherboard or even a IDE hard drive.

Is this during the initial boot from CD...when you're beginning the install process?

I'm familiar with PFSense...I run it at home...love it (and I go through LOTS of distros). A quick Google of acd0 seems to point to it's not a supported CDROM.

CDROM ok something I got tons of. Im gonna try my HP CD Writer from 1999 if that doesnt work I dont think any of my other ones will.

Well it works. Until I hit the VLan part. I got 3 nics on that computer and see only 2 then it says that there is no uplink detected.

unsupported nic cards?

EDIT:

Nvm got nic that works but is there a help or a read me to set this thing up? (vlan part)

I installed PFSense about a week ago. The only trouble I encountered was with the CD-ROM not reading the disk properly. I don't know if it was the disks I was using (burned it twice), but I had to try three different CD drives before it installed.

err.... The live cd is the one with the web base right? I bet im doing it wrong.

I cant find where the hell I go from there. :confused:
img0652jj2.jpg

Based on that picture..you're good...that's what my laptops sits there looking like.

Now go access it from a web browser from another computer on your LAN. Configure it...and enjoy!

YeOldeStonecat, Do you use multi-WAN? I cant get my 2 cable modems to load balance. When I setup the virtual server It screw up my connection (dont even know what IP to put in the first place) and shows everything offline. But when I have no virtual server it shows that its online but I still cant load balance.

Oh and I used this wiki

I had pfsense with load balancing (incoming and outgoing) working at one point, turned it off because it was causing problems with some sites (ones that track you by ip/cookie, and log you out when your ip changes, which it does quite a lot :p)

I can see if there's any config left on it when I get home tonight, I might be able to tell you what goes where then. I think I just turned the stuff off rather than removing the configs, but I'll see.

YeOldeStonecat, Do you use multi-WAN? I cant get my 2 cable modems to load balance. When I setup the virtual server It screw up my connection (dont even know what IP to put in the first place) and shows everything offline. But when I have no virtual server it shows that its online but I still cant load balance.

Oh and I used this wiki

I don't anymore.....I haven't setup PFSense with it. I did a few years ago..both cable and DSL..used my RV082 at that time...also have a few clients on multi-WAN..DLS and Motorola Canopy...but they are on RV0 units.

I had pfsense with load balancing (incoming and outgoing) working at one point, turned it off because it was causing problems with some sites (ones that track you by ip/cookie, and log you out when your ip changes, which it does quite a lot :p)

I can see if there's any config left on it when I get home tonight, I might be able to tell you what goes where then. I think I just turned the stuff off rather than removing the configs, but I'll see.

if you still have them can you take screen shots?

Back