pfsense + freeradius+ openvpn + dd-wrt + anything else

Cheetoz

[H]ard|Gawd
I am setting up wireless at my home using my WRT54g router with dd-wrt and my pfsense NAT. I have been googling and all I have found is that "hotspot" setup using freeradius chillispot and dd-wrt, but that seems to use vlan's or something, and I do not know if it works with file-sharing.

What is the best way to secure a wireless network? Just standard WPA and VPN?:confused:

thanks.

is this a home environment? if so, just use wpa2 with a 63 character psk. security of wireless in a corporate environment, however, is a completely different ballgame. we use firewalls to segregate security zones, wpa2 for encryption, and certificate (from our own ca) based radius/dot1x twinned with ldap credentials for authentication. all that kerfuffle just because someone can't be arsed to plug in a lead! personally if i want to be mobile i just use the untrusted wireless (just wpa2) and ssl-vpn in then i use citrix for all my office based apps taking only a few megs of ram. handy.

edit - sorry, i am a doofus, didn't see the home bit. oh well, useful bit of insight into how it's done in a corporate environment!

Back