pfsense+cacti+nagios on one box?

extrafuzzyllama

Limp Gawd
hi all
my home network is expanding fast and now want to properly set it up and manage it
so i have researched and feel i should setup a pfsense box
now i wanted to know if network monitoring would be overkill?
if not i wanted to know if i can setup pfsense, nagios, and cacti all in one box and is would be run just fine if it could be done.

i am new to home network management and using tools for improving and monitoring my home network and really enjoy learning this kind of stuff

thanks in advance

I wouldn't put pfsense and the other 2 together, a firewall isn't something you want a bunch of different things running on. Cacti & nagios together is fine (there are even some integration methods you can do to avoid duplicate checks, so cacti can use nagios built RRD's). Run them as vm's if you don't want a bunch of hardware, that's what I do.

I wouldn't put pfsense and the other 2 together, a firewall isn't something you want a bunch of different things running on. Cacti & nagios together is fine (there are even some integration methods you can do to avoid duplicate checks, so cacti can use nagios built RRD's). Run them as vm's if you don't want a bunch of hardware, that's what I do.

ok so i will build myself a pfsense box and another box to run nagios+cacti?

Back