Pfft, baking cards in the oven is for sissys!

Ha! good easter read. I've got an old 8800GTS that hasn't made it's way to the recycle depot quite yet. maybe I'll try it and get myself a decent physx card ...

Tried the oven trick on my XPS1210 dell machine when the video gave out....

Lucky Dell gave an extended warranty because of this stupidity on nvidia's part.

They replaced it for free after my unsuccessful oven attempt on the motherboard... Guess 8 min @ 375 wasn't hot enough.

Glad all i have is ATI cards..

So, if I understand correctly, the real value then of a GTX480 is that it repairs itself? :D

I'm thinking of trying that on my dead 4850, although my chances are minimal due to the fact I killed it due to a bad installation of an aftermarket heatsink (instructions couldn't be more vague).

I wonder if I can resurrect my 6600gt? Only problem is it's agp =(

I wonder if I can resurrect my 6600gt? Only problem is it's agp =(

Set your mobos BIOS to post from PCI first and usa a PCI video card to boot into windows with.

But...With it being AGP, you may not have to use a secondary card to get it smoking..

my friend did something similar with his broken xbox 360 he took it and turned it on then wrapped it in an electric blanket and threw it inot his minifridge for 20 minutes i think it was. Took it out let it cool and has been working perfectly since then

Back