Peter Moore resigned from Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad, he was a good executive. Reading his interviews, he actually gave straight up answers, was never too much of a corporate yes man to simply say that he enjoyed wii or ps3 games. Give me a peter moore over a jack tretton bullshit machine every day.

Yeah that is too bad, he definitely gave more straight answers then anyone else. He also gave X360 a voice. Thats one thing I like about Xbox is that their seems to be a closer link between the company and the consumers with Peter Moore and Major Nelson.

Heh, did'nt see this coming at all. Let's see how the new guy does.

To me it's not really that surprising, considering the 360 *we have no problems* motto. I think that's more than a coincidence.....but that's my opinion.

Good to know, I'm interested in how the new guy will approach the position.

But aside from that, there's not even much to talk about here. A guy decided to get a new job. It happens. Would've been more interesting if it was the guy who was directly responsible for the hardware design flaw.

Whoa, who would have thought? It's too bad, he was one of the few executives I had any respect for... I hope his replacement isn't a complete tard.

This is fucking hilarious! All I can think about is how disappointed he was when he pulled out the
ugly ass Halo 3 Xbox 360 and NO ONE made a noise. I think it may have destroyed his love
for Microsoft.

I guess he regret getting those Halo 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV tattoos now. It's like having an ex girlfriend name on your arm. Microsoft probably fired him for not getting Halo 3 tattoo on him

Kotaku said:
Following the press release announcement that current Xbox 360 VP Peter Moore would be jumping ship from Microsoft to head up the EA Sports division came details on Moore's new salary. An SEC Form 8-K filing detailing Peter's compensation reveals that his new base salary at EA will be $550,000 not including a "discretionary target bonus" of 75% of his annual base salary, up to $412,500. In other words, he's rich, bitch. But that's not all.

In addition to his base pay, Moore will also receive a signing bonus of $1.5 million if he remains with EA for two years. However, that bonus will be paid out within 30 days of his employment, to be repaid if Moore moves on from the company before his two year anniversary.

Moore will also receive a stock grant of 50,000 restricted shares, half of which vest at two years into his EA employment with the other half vesting at the four year mark. At the current after hours value of EA stock, his shares would value $4.26 million, a figure sure to change before 2009. He's also been given a stock option grant to purchase 350,000 shares as part of the company's Equity Incentive Plan.

On top of all that Moore moolah, the former Sega Dreamcast exec will be granted $330,000 in moving expenses. Looks like Peter can finally afford that laser tattoo removal!

Hell for that, he'd be stupid not to.

This is fucking hilarious! All I can think about is how disappointed he was when he pulled out the
ugly ass Halo 3 Xbox 360 and NO ONE made a noise. I think it may have destroyed his love
for Microsoft.

I doubt that had anything to do with it, but I do concur: that Halo 3 Xbox 360 is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a game console. Fuck, even the N64 *Pikachu* edition was cooler looking :p

Yeah, those saying he got pushed really have to go look at what EA offered him. Plus of course he gets to go back home.

Lucky bastage.

He didn't want to know synonymous with the xbox name since it never made money so easports made him an off he couldn't resist plus he gets to go back home with family and stuff.

Wonder how the new guy is going to act to the press. Hopefully it won't be a tretton like person lol

With the money EA was offering him, combined with living where he wanted to live, it really was an easy choice. People seem very quick to want to say, "Oh! he's leaving because of the 360 RRoD problem", or "Oh! He's leaving because the 360 hasn't made money yet." Really, when you look at the deal, EA wanted him pretty bad. It's an outstanding opportunity and I would have been surprised if he hadn't taken it. I don't think they would have offered that money if they had viewed the 360 has a failure.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the change of leadership now. However, I think the major points of contention with the 360 have already been handled by Moore. The RRoD warranty and the new cooling system. If that takes care of the reliability concerns, then I think that the focus really will be how XBL is expanded and what other first party games we see from MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back