PETA Comments On Google’s Goats

And, and HardOCP editor is clearly a huge douche using the front page to bitch about his bias. Post your whines in the junk forum, not on the front page of a reputable tech site. Makes me question who I'm really getting my news from.

I'm sure Kyle and Steve will really appreciate your comments.

I can hear Kyle right now, "Don't let the door hit you on your way out"

Meat is murder... tasty, tasty, murder.

PETA lost its way awhile ago kind of like greenpeace. I mean when you have the original founder who considered firebombs and destruction of property SOP, step back and say, "now wait a minute guys this is getting a little bit too fascistic" you know you might have lost sight of the core mission.

peta are the biggest hyprocrites of all times... i'm sorry.

"were going to sue you and fuck with you for killing that cow"

solution from peta:
lets kill all the cats since we couldnt neutur them. wtf

i'm a buddhist, and i support eating peta members.

I stomped on an Anthill today, smashed an ant in our house today, and poured about 1 gallon of insect poison down a carpenter ant nest in my apple tree a few days ago...

Oh yeah.. and when I burned stuff on our burn pile the other day, I put a whole bunch of wood on it that had ants, spiders, roaches, snails, and slugs on it..

And.... we kill crickets in our shower almost every day.

And I eat pork, chicken, and beef!

BWAHAHAHAHA...

Right On Man!

I eat Meat and have committed Insectacide and I've paid an exterminator $30 a month for peace of mind(There are millions upon millions of insects and I'm just keeping them out of a place with no food or water), PETA is so phony.

Folks,

Generalizations are almost allways wrong.
Please, don't call PETA a Nazi organization, it is really unfair. I disagree with some points they beleive in, but I am most gratefull for other actions they do.

I am not against people eating red meat, fish or chiken. I do and I have no problem with it. I do have a problem if the animal I just ate was raised and killed in a brutal way. Animals should have freedom of movement and should be killed in a painless way.

I am against the brutal killing of baby seals in canada and alaska just to make fur coats (they have their hads smashad with a bat or a crowbar). I am against the hunting of whales and any other endangered species.

I am against dogs and cats having a painfull death on the labs of cosmetic companies, etc and the euthanasia of dogs and cats by PETA is not wrong. The proliferations of those animals is a health issue. Unfortunatly, most owners don't care for then and just abandon then on the streets.

There is right and wrong every where, but I believe PETA has done more good (a lot more) than bad.

Just my opinion.

I am not going to waste my time with responses like this; degrading woman's intelligence and likening a volunteer organization to nazi's. Disgusting

No what is disgusting is the pure, unadulterated ignorace that you have shown.

Afraid of death? Afraid that when you die that there is nothing left except worm food? No soul or nothing save for the very elements that created us. Carbon, Nitrogen, Calcium feeding the plants that grow on our decomposing bodies... oh wait, I am sorry. I am thinking of all those dogs, cats, rabbits that PETA axes because they have no "money" to support such a novel idea.

Waste time? you have just by showing your precense in this thread!

Now go commit hersy against whatever religion you believe in......

Perhaps Google should release some mountain lions in the pens. It would be better for them because it more closely resembles their natural habitat, and also keeps the goat herds in check. ;)

And, and HardOCP editor is clearly a huge douche using the front page to bitch about his bias. Post your whines in the junk forum, not on the front page of a reputable tech site. Makes me question who I'm really getting my news from.

His comment was more on the side of what most people think of PETA - they are extremists. I am on both sides of the fence on these issues though.

Animals don't have souls - people do.

orly? got proof? oh you don't. nevermind then. :p

An official report filed by PETA itself shows that the animal rights group put to death nearly every dog, cat, and other pet it took in for adoption in 2006. During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 animals.

It's like an pet holocaust...sad :(

I agree.

Nazis were far less hypocritical than PETA ever was.

You know... I am not a american, and I don't know if you are, but I beleive Nazis were bad enaugh to be compared with PETA. I hope you don't compare Jews to animals too.

Nazis were more than hypocritical and their objective was the extermination of Jews and other "so called" inferior humans.

A lot of americans died fighting that people, many more were changed for the rest of their lives.

Please, please shut up if you have nothing inteligent to say. Spare us.

Yes, PETA can be obnoxious and occasionally hypocritical. They are still the #1 organization in the world looking out for animal welfare, I am thankful someone is taking the initiative.

This is a joke, right?

If you meant:

Taking the initiative to be the number one killer of domesticated animals.
Taking the initiative to tell kids "Your Mommy/Daddy Kills Animals"
Taking the initiative to gather and kill pets from vets in under 60 minutes.
Taking the initiative to dump dead animals in Wal-mart dumpsters
Taking the initiative to give money to convicted arsonists
Taking the initiative to endorse violence against people

...then you are spot on.

I think you forgot these

Vipepecial-Ops-Knee-Pads.jpg

Yes, they would be perfect for the women. Do they make them in a size small or in pink?

And, for 4.1 YEARS you been reading the rants of a huge douche....clearly you enjoy the refreshing feeling of a douche 1496.5 days in a row.

;)

Here's the thing, have any of you ever seen one of those undercover animal abuse stories? Hidden camera footage into people beating and maiming animals for fun? Or needlessly prolonging death in an agonizing way to make a fur coat? Or just the manner in which some animals are killed in general? It's heart-wrenching. When PETA finds out about this, they go guns blazin and shut that operating down cold pat. This is a good thing. They do good in this world. Yes they are extremists and do all sorts of other crazy shit too, but all it really does is just piss people off. It would be nice if they just stuck to their mission and saved animals where appropriate, but I'm still glad somebody is out there fighting the good fight, even if they are a bit misguided at times.

And for the record, just because you state your goal as protecting animals, and then decide to euthanize a bunch does not immediately invalidate your mission statement and make you a total hypocrite. I think everyone here is for animal euthanasia when it clearly serves a greater good, if the same people who do it are also stopping the out right cruelty that many animals suffer too. Like I said, it really sucks that PETA has to make such asses of themselves in the process, but I'm happy of their many accomplishments.

For the record - I eat meat.

And, for 4.1 YEARS you been reading the rants of a huge douche....clearly you enjoy the refreshing feeling of a douche 1496.5 days in a row.

;)

I do, I was just utterly confused with the placement of PETA's name mid sentence before I realized that you must have some sort of vendetta, which I had to attack based purely upon principle. This is a good site, and I like the mish-mash of news relevancy and editor opinion thrown in, makes it more personal and real. But I was just like "cmon, could this attack on PETA be any more obvious?" If you're going to be sarcastic, do it with a little more finesse :)

"Yes, PETA puts a lot of animals down. The sad fact is most of this country is too fucking stupid to get their pets spayed/neautred, and dump their mistakes out in the streets where PETA is forced into extreme circumstances.

If I was an animal forced to live in a cage, and was not able to live a free/natural life, I would wish to have a humane death, rather then suffer anymore at the hands of humans."

Peta sucks. Its other people's fault PETA goes off and kills animals? There are tons of no kill shelters around here. You would think PETA would be a no kill shelter if they cared.

And I think its awesome how you justify killing animals.

I'm all for the proper care of critters. I like critters. When the cops catch some sick fuck who likes to torture critters and they go to the lockup - I'm all for that.

But PETA is FUCKED IN THE HEAD.

Proper shelter and water for goats? GOATS? After cockroaches goats are the moea hearty critter out there.

Animals don't have souls - people do.

They do? Can you quantify that in a lab? or did you imaginary sky-man tell you so in his book authored by ignorant goat herders thousands of years ago for whom fire and bronze were the pinnacle of human achievemant?

They do? Can you quantify that in a lab? or did you imaginary sky-man tell you so in his book authored by ignorant goat herders thousands of years ago for whom fire and bronze were the pinnacle of human achievemant?

I'm the grumpy old troll, who lives under the bridge. Hey!

Guess you will find out who is correct when you die.

Show me evolution taking place in a lab and I will reconsider evolution as a possibility.

"Yes, PETA puts a lot of animals down. The sad fact is most of this country is too fucking stupid to get their pets spayed/neautred, and dump their mistakes out in the streets where PETA is forced into extreme circumstances.

If I was an animal forced to live in a cage, and was not able to live a free/natural life, I would wish to have a humane death, rather then suffer anymore at the hands of humans."

Peta sucks. Its other people's fault PETA goes off and kills animals? There are tons of no kill shelters around here. You would think PETA would be a no kill shelter if they cared.

And I think its awesome how you justify killing animals.
Cmon, get real, there are hundreds of millions of stray animals and these fancy shelters can only accommodate so many. Why cant anyone argue with a bit of integrity. Stop being cute, you know there is no way to shelter these animals. It's either on the streets malnourished with disease, destined to die in a couple of months anyway, or being put to death.

Guess you will find out who is correct when you die.

Show me evolution taking place in a lab and I will reconsider evolution as a possibility.

Why do you require proof of evolution yet blindly accept creationism without evidence?

Why do you require proof of evolution yet blindly accept creationism without evidence?

You guys don't even know what trolling is even if it was staring at you. They're just pulling your fucking leg.

LOL... This thread was Goodwinned on the first page.

It's all downhill from there.

There is NO evidence of evolution whatsoever.

If you actually studied biology/science without a predisposition towards evolution you would come away with a knowledge that it is not possible for even a single celled organism to have come to life by pure chance.

There is NO evidence of evolution whatsoever.

You're wrong.

If you actually studied biology/science without a predisposition towards evolution you would come away with a knowledge that it is not possible for even a single celled organism to have come to life by pure chance.

You do not understand the theory.

-"Pure chance" is not part of it.
-Single celled organisms are not the smallest units of life.

Cmon, get real, there are hundreds of millions of stray animals and these fancy shelters can only accommodate so many. Why cant anyone argue with a bit of integrity. Stop being cute, you know there is no way to shelter these animals. It's either on the streets malnourished with disease, destined to die in a couple of months anyway, or being put to death.

So should we kill all the homeless?

Sigh, this thread has now degenerated far enough to become a good reason to go outside and do something.

Wow I have to chime in on this.

The problem with PETA is that they are extremest, and all extremes are bad. NRA, Republicans, democrats, Religious, non-religious, the French and so on If taken to the extreme will result in a blind one sided view resulting in ignorance(for the most part).

If you are going to be all pro PETA (Or pro anything for that matter) you have to understand many things and the most important is that not everyone agree's with you and they are not wrong for disagreeing. another bit of advice is if you are going to be Pro anything understand fully what you are pro for. If you are going to be Mormon understand that you directly believe that the garden of Eden is in America; if you are going to be PETA understand that you can't have a faith based on the bible because it says animals are here for man's use, you also can't use over half of all produced goods. When you fully understand one side you should be able to fully understand the reason for the other side, and if you don't I dare say you don't fully understand anything.

Goats are wild animals, domesticated for sure, but... uh... they are google goats, and probably dine in the google cafeteria which has better food than even most humans can get anywhere else.

While it would be wrong to abuse a goat, there are more pressing concerns regarding the treatment of animals, such as factory farming of pigs whose squalid conditions might be a cause for the spread of infectious diseases like the flu, rather than worrying about a goat roaming around a lawn eating grass.

I for one applaud Google for this goat deployment, this is a great idea, i'd rather goats eat the grass than have an illegal alien weed whacker army burn gas to cut it which pollutes the air and creates loud noise, and frankly, cutting grass is a wasteful expenditure of time and resources, it needs to stop.

You know... I am not a american, and I don't know if you are, but I beleive Nazis were bad enaugh to be compared with PETA. I hope you don't compare Jews to animals too.

Nazis were more than hypocritical and their objective was the extermination of Jews and other "so called" inferior humans.

A lot of americans died fighting that people, many more were changed for the rest of their lives.

Please, please shut up if you have nothing inteligent to say. Spare us.

The Nazi's were awful, insidious people, but they held true to their (fucked up) beliefs and practiced what they preached far more accurately than PETA ever has. Being gruesome does not automatically equal being hypocritical.

You may want to read a history book, or at the very least run spell check before you call others and their comments stupid.

The Nazi's were awful, insidious people, but they held true to their (fucked up) beliefs and practiced what they preached far more accurately than PETA ever has. Being gruesome does not automatically equal being hypocritical.

You may want to read a history book, or at the very least run spell check before you call others and their comments stupid.

On the extermination they were not open, on the contrary. The majority of the German people had no idea about what happened on the concentration camps.

I read a lot of history books. English is not my native language and I will run a spell check before posting this (thank you for the advice). Unfortunately for you, there is no program to run to make comments less stupid.

Back