Personal Budget Software

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Freeware hopefully...
What options are there?

Pretty much just looking to input income, expenses, and see how much I spend in each area (And preferably, it tell me budget in each area automatically).

Want a cheap solution?

Microsoft Excel. I put a budget together for myself. It's a bit complex but it definitely does the job. Shows my income and expenses both monthly and yearly. If I'm over budget then the total shows red, under green. I've find it very helpful with my finances.

I thought about it. Seems like quite a bit of manual work each month though (and as far as I can think of, no real good reporting tools for it?)
I like the whole pie graphs and such- see exactly what is taking all my pie!

You create the budget and enter all the formulas in. Then once you have your budget in place you just enter all your expenses and income levels in for each month and it throws it into the budget for you doing all the calculations.

Might be an option then.

Found SimpleD Budget on Sourceforge... looks promising.

I actually broke down and decided to use Quicken. It's not a bad program, and I consider it well work the money (MIR FTW!).

I use excel as well which makes it completely customizable and easy to use. I have also heard that www.mint.com is pretty cool at showing where you spend money and stuff.

Back