Persisting Audio Issue with Various Hardware

Warjec

n00b
I want to first staff off appologizing as this is my first post and it's unfortunately a tech support request. I've always read Hard Forum but haven't registered.

My Current PC specifications are as follows;

i7-8700K
Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra
32GB(8x4) DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 300MHz C15
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G1+
Samsung 850 and 860 EVO SSDs

Any other specs I can provide if needed. The clock is currently only set to Turbo Boost with an XMP Profile.

The problem I am currently running into is that I receive popping noises as well as crackling and what I believe are buffer underruns.

I can reproduce the pops by changing my sound volume with the slider. At the beginning of the windows sound I get a pop and the sound plays. If I let the sound play I do not hear a pop when it ends. If I end the sound by clicking on the desktop and closing the window a pop will sound when the audio ends when the window is closed.

If I'm talking in Discord the discord mic open/close sound will play fine but when the person starts speaking and stops speaking there is sometimes a pop.

When moving around a video on YouTube or other sites and clicking in various points in time in the video a pop will sound before the new audio starts playing.

I also receive crackling/underruns in games, this I was able to reproduce in GTAV.

I have tried many things, memory testing, fresh windows 10 installs, etc..

The hardware/peripherals I have tried to exchange have been;
Asus Maximus X Code S, Soundblaster Z audio card, Corsair HX750 PSU, FiiO E10K DAC/AMP, Sennheiser 373D Headset, Sennheiser 569 Headphones, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Headphones, Creative speakers.

I am honestly at a loss for words and at my wits end. I really hope I'm just overlooking something completely simple.

Still having issue with a new kbm and with or without a 4.8k OC. Have tried various bios and w10 setttings and have updated all chipset drivers.

More testing. New CPU, changed out GPU. Audio issues still persisting.

Only thing that have yet to be changed. Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, memory and the case. Audio issue has persisted also on two different SSDs and multiple formats.

Another issue more than likely linked to this issue. If I'm watching YouTube or other streaming video sites if I move the volume slider in the player back and forth between quiet and loud I will get the static that is shown in the video. Also, the "pops" that are heard at the beginning of sounds, mainly noticeable on the beginning of windows sounds itself and the discord voice activation beep will be the same volume level as to what my volume is set to, meaning if I have my volume set to low, the pop will be low, if it's loud, the pop will be loud.

Does anyone have any idea? Apologies for another post but I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.

have you tried the LatencyMon tool? this sounds like audio buffer underruns as a result of driver/software interaction causing high interrupt latency and that util can point you in the direction of the culprit

have you tried the LatencyMon tool? this sounds like audio buffer underruns as a result of driver/software interaction causing high interrupt latency and that util can point you in the direction of the culprit

I’ve run the monitor, the two top offenders were dxgkerne and nvlddmkm. Haven’t found a fix for either.

I uploaded a new video, this is just doing it with default windows sounds.

Back