Pusher of Buttons
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2016
- Messages
- 1,924
Alright, I'm looking for any ideas....
Working on a beater HP dv6 laptop with a Radeon dGPU.
The dedicated chip is junked, system runs fine in iGPU. For the life of me I can't get it to STAY disabled or uninstalled. Nothing in BIOS. In device manager I've disabled, uninstalled, told Win10 not to update drivers....but no matter what I do it comes roaring back to life then the screen blacks out.
I think if I can get into Catalyst I can basically turn it off from there, but the moment it installs the drivers it tries to switch over and blacks out, so I can't actually get that far.
Any ideas? This isn't MY machine, just trying to help someone out to get it to functional for basic school work.
Working on a beater HP dv6 laptop with a Radeon dGPU.
The dedicated chip is junked, system runs fine in iGPU. For the life of me I can't get it to STAY disabled or uninstalled. Nothing in BIOS. In device manager I've disabled, uninstalled, told Win10 not to update drivers....but no matter what I do it comes roaring back to life then the screen blacks out.
I think if I can get into Catalyst I can basically turn it off from there, but the moment it installs the drivers it tries to switch over and blacks out, so I can't actually get that far.
Any ideas? This isn't MY machine, just trying to help someone out to get it to functional for basic school work.