Peripheral Maker ROCCAT Is Developing Its Own Game

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Is this a first? The writer suggests it isn’t, noting that MadCatz was involved with Rock Band 4, but that was only publishing duties—here, ROCCAT actually has a game studio developing “Sick City,” a real-time tactical combat game akin to Company of Heroes. A closed alpha will be released as early as next month. I wonder if Razer, Logitech, or some of the other big players have entertained the same notion.

…the gaming peripheral manufacturer has revealed that it's now attempting to develop its very own game. The undertaking in question is Sick City, a real-time tactical combat game that takes inspiration from classic squad-based strategy titles like Commandos and Company of Heroes. While gameplay details are still pretty vague, Roccat promises that Sick City will intertwine 'exciting espionage' with a cast of heroes that wield powerful abilities. Speaking to Engadget, Roccat's marketing manager Tuan Mai revealed that Sick City will come to Steam Early Access, with the company currently aiming to get it on the program for August.

I wonder if it will include shouty "achievements" like their driver does. Super, I've clicked a million times, I don't need a loud announcement, only drawback I've found of my Roccat Kone Pure.

Back