Performance settings for Geforce4 4600?

SlimShady

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 2, 2000
Messages
1,143
i just 'upgraded' my geforce3 to a geforce4 4600ti, so my system looks like this -

A64 3000+ (OC'ed to 2.3Ghz-2.5Ghz)
1GB OCZ Rev. 2 Platinum
Albatron GeForce4 4600ti (will be OCing) (I also realize this is somewhat of a bottleneck)
2x 80GB WD HD's SATA (RAID 0)

so, what kind of settings can i use (AA, AF) for games like far cry, call of duty, tw 2005, madden 05? ive never really been able to use AA, AF with my gf3, so i was hoping this would allow me to crank it up a bit.

also, what kind of OC should i expect out of my gf4? what are some typical OCs? thanks!!
 
I had a 4600 for a couple of years, I prefer raw performance over smooth edges, I hate choppyness so for me I always left AA and AF off, though I did experiment with it a bit, I could use 4xAA quite nicely on Warcraft 3 unless you were playing some stupid use map settings map, it's also possible to play Q3 with 4xAA and 8AF quite well. However with newer titles I think it might have problems...

As for overclocking, my card was never a great overclocker, it used to freeze above 310Mhz on the core (with a volt mod I got it up to 330) the memory was alright though, at about 735MHz without artifacts.
 
Back
Top