Performance mode?

Chris_B

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 4x 256 ddr dimms of twinmos dual channel, currently theyre all running at 189.1mhz 2/3/3/7 . However it says in cpuz that performance mode is "disabled". My mainboards an abit is7-e, was wondering is there any way to enable performace mode as i dont think ive seen the option for it anywhere.

Performance mode indicates whether you have PAT (Performance Acceleration Technology) enabled or not. It's a feature of i875 Canterwood motherboards, but the IS7-E is an i865 Springdale chipset board.

However, I think some mobo companies have been able to hack and enable PAT in i865 chipsets (mostly Taiwanese mobo dealers).

Abit calls its hack of performance mode "GAT" for "Game Accelerator Technology" If your ram has very tight timings, set GAT to "F1" as in "Formula one" for the best performance.

I am curious as to what type of memory modules your twinmos ram uses, as the IS-7 series is known to have issues with winbond CH-5 revision modules (Some Corsair XMS3200C2, XMS3200LL)

Unfortunately, I have such RAM and the board pukes every time I set GAT to anything other than "Auto" with SPD timings. If I set to Auto, the best OC I can pull on the memory bus is 215MHz (DDR) and no dividers work. It sucks.

So, I am in the process of looking for RAM with different IC modules, Hence my question. Could you look on your RAM for me or point to some other helpful repository of knowledge?

I look forward to your OC success!

Back