Performance enhancing software

Stefan

Limp Gawd
Hey, I have a few programs that allegadly make my computer run better... They are as follows:
Uniblue - Registry Booster 2
Uniblue - SpeedUpMyPC 3
CCleaner
Nvidia Ntune

Wondering if anyone has opinions on these... The first three seem to be doing me good... I've heard Nvidia Ntune is awful, even though it spends 3 hours attempting to optimize your computer.
If anyone's had success with the Ntune, lemme know... Tempted to run it.

Cant say I have ever seen anything but crapped up systems from programs like this that claim to help.

Maybe it will be faster for awhile, but usually it will get hosed after awhile after running these kind of tools.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I much dislike 'speed up my pc!' software stuff.

I agree with the others above, with one exception.... CCleaner is excellent in my opinion, although, I would not consider it an application intended to "enhance performance". Works extremely well and has been very reliable in my experience.

P.E.S.? Careful now, you dont wanna end up on the Mitchell Report

Ntune is actually an overclocker and would technically make your PC faster since it is Ocing it, but the rest is crap.

I use ccleaner regularly and it works great...I don't know about ntune bu the rest I would stay away from.

most software makes your PC slower and crappier and deletes stuff it shouldnt

i would love to see some benchmarks of before and after performance of these programs done by [H]

Don't you think that if someone was able to write a program that magically made all other software run better, people would have bought them up or reverse engineered their technology by now?

CCleaner is great - though it's mostly for cleaning up files and not necessarily to speed up your computer. I still recommend downloading it though.

NTune isn't very useful and doesn't really do what you want anyway.

One of the things that will help your system is to disable any services and background programs that you don't need. Some programs run in the background after installing it (for example: Adobe Reader will install something to help it load faster). I typically use MSCONFIG to disable these. Of course, make sure your computer is malware-free.

I agree with everyone else: don't trust those so-called speed-up programs.

Adding more software to your PC will never make it faster. Removing software may, depending on how many resources it is using, or if it was buggy software.

One of the things that will help your system is to disable any services and background programs that you don't need.
I thought we were long past these days, but I guess not. Don't disable services. Leave them be, as they won't benefit you in any way. Disabling background programs will certainly aid in faster booting and more memory free.

I thought we were long past these days, but I guess not. Don't disable services. Leave them be, as they won't benefit you in any way. Disabling background programs will certainly aid in faster booting and more memory free.

Some services and programs can be disabled that are running in the background and unecessary.

Dont go crazy though, as many are required or needed to do certain things.

Back