• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PERC5i not seen by Windows

vr.

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
4,892
I've got a perc5i in a Dell PE 1950 and a Virtual Disk defined.

Tried to install Windows 2003R2x64 and 2008R2 wSP1 and 2008 x86 but when installation gets to the drive set up screen it can't find drives off this card. The card is working because it can boot from Dell's setup CD which puts the right driver in play to install their flavor of a working system but I don't want their build.

I was using the driver off Dell's download page for each OS mentioned above but Windows just won't pick up the disk.

Is there another Dell driver or maybe an LSI driver I can use that is known to work with the perc5i?
 
Back
Top